1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Xrunner vs Mazdaspeed3

Discussion in 'Tacoma Videos' started by Detective_Dan, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Mar 21, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    ChiefManyWrenches

ChiefManyWrenches Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '11 Silver DCSB TRD Off Road 4WD
    diff breather extension, fog light anytime, locker anytime, tailgate theft prevention, plasti-dipped all chrome, custom satoshi grill, Rigid Dually fog lights and spots, Bilstein 5100's all around, OME 885 coils, OME Dakar leaf pack, 1.25 wheel spacers.
    Because GenPOO lol. Do a race from a 3rd gear roll ~45 or so.

2. Mar 21, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    Detective_Dan

Detective_Dan [OP] Bam-Ba-Lam

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 - Black Betty
    Pelfreybilt plate bumper, OME 886/Dakars, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    im not going to give the mazda the huge unfair advantage of a roll. he is the won who bought a FAIL wheel drive vehicle so its his fault lol. he didnt think my truck would beat his even from a dead stop and i clearly proved that theory wrong. he barely beats me from a roll anyways. maybe 1-1.5 car lengths after 3 full gear pulls

3. Mar 21, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    ChiefManyWrenches

ChiefManyWrenches Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    '11 Silver DCSB TRD Off Road 4WD
    diff breather extension, fog light anytime, locker anytime, tailgate theft prevention, plasti-dipped all chrome, custom satoshi grill, Rigid Dually fog lights and spots, Bilstein 5100's all around, OME 885 coils, OME Dakar leaf pack, 1.25 wheel spacers.
    Don't get me wrong, I think it is awesome that you beat him. Mad props. I am just saying that when I had my MS3 I usually did a race I wanted and gave the other person a race they wanted. I will say, FWD is that cars biggest flaw. Same mods on the MS6 and it may have been a different story. With mine 1st and 2nd were pointless, especially when you get all pedal happy from the adrenaline. 3rd gear pulled like a train.

4. Apr 8, 2013 at 2:31 PM
    Doberman

Doberman Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    vero beach
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5
    TRD Supercharger, AFE Intake, Pro-comp lift, etc
    Congratulations on your win. However in all fairness you are trying to drag race a truck. Not exactly optimal for racing either. I also just got rid of my gen won ms3 and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the car needs a serious driver mod. I flogged all sorts of cars/trucks in mine. Hell, I pulled on a 6.0 GTO when I was nearly stock. 3rd gear was the bees knees.

5. Apr 11, 2013 at 4:45 AM
    VATACOEXP

VATACOEXP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    82 Hilux Flatbed.
    Had a tuned gen 2 speed 3 for about 5 months before I traded it in for my Tacoma. Was pushing around 312 whp and was a pain in the ass to daily drive.

To Top