1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Y Pipe, Exhaust, CAI Intake and MAF Sensor

Discussion in 'Underdog Racing Development' started by 375taco, Jun 29, 2010.

1. 375taco

375taco [OP] controlled pair?

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    OME lift w/ 1" spacer. Built Right UCA's. Tinted all the way around. De-badged. Trimming up front
    Just baught all of the above with the quiet turbo muffler for the exhaust. I have some good common sense and can put everything on I was just wondering with the MAF sensor install is that tough? Havnet used electronics before...in the mod sense. yes i can turn a computer on...anyways A little help. 4L stock 2010 manifold...I was told they are better than the 08 and older manifolds...use the stock manifold. Then I baught the Comp Y Pipe URD(4X4) CAI AND MAF Sensor. $1500 bucks for everything...I hope I get good gains and sounds sweet...

2. xroller

xroller Blowin by em sideways

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Xrunner Speedway Blue
    1 hp mod
    Why the maf sensor? also do you have headers?

3. xroller

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    1 hp mod
    Are you talking about the Maf Cal?

4. kinkrider101

kinkrider101 Well-Known Member

Member:
    santa barbara
    Vehicle:
    2007 cummins/2007 tacoma
    wheels and tires
  5. 375taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    OME lift w/ 1" spacer. Built Right UCA's. Tinted all the way around. De-badged. Trimming up front
    yes MAF CAL Im new t the verbage

6. 375taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    They suggested it with the CAI

7. 375taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    No headers. I was told with the 2009 and 2010 you didnt need to because they redesigned the manifolds...? I was going to buy headers but If i didnt have i wasnt going to. Just CAI, and from manifold back...y pipe and exhaust

8. 375taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    Im (Out of town) on business...I'll be home before they ship it to my house

9. xroller

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    1 hp mod
    .... hmm.......... I dunno they sell 2010 headers that are actually bigger than the first gen headers. A lot of people have upgraded to them.

As far as the maf cal goes it is actually a good buy. I almost bought one but the x-1 is a better buy and would rather not waste my money on the maf cal. It does a good job but only works with the air since it calibrates the maf sensor only. You can get some ponies out of it like 10-15 but nothing like the x-1. The maps are pre loaded too so it's not user tune able. You have to get a new map loaded every time you mod if you want it to work to it's full potential. Since the maps are pre-loaded maps they will work better for those that are closer to sea level. I'm sittin at about 5k elevation so those maps aren't really a good thing for me since they are tuned at about sea level. I'm not sure if they can tune for different elevation but that is something I would be sure to ask.

10. 375taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    how much more is the X-1 would it be worth it to buy the X-1 if i was to get DTLT Headers, pipe bomb y pipe, URD exhaust with the quieter turbo exhaust...what calibrator set up? Im a newb to the tuning scene...also how do i install? I have a little common sense...

11. 375taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    So now i do not know what performance electronics to get...I wont be able to get everything at once but headers, y pipe, exhaust, tuner, CAI... I can spend around 1000-1500 I would like to get the best power set up...I can get other stuff later just wondering what i should get in what order...

12. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    The APR X1 is not available for the 2010 trucks yet. 1500 will just buy the X1 unit.

13. 375taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    NO SHIT! Well i guess i have some saving to do....is it worth the money if im not going to supercharge it?

14. xroller

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    1 hp mod
    If you have a 2010 I would stay with the maf cal since the x-1 isn't avail for your year. That is pretty much the best set up you can have though. I wouldn't recommend removing all the cats though because to much flow will actually rob you of hp because you won't have enough back pressure from the exhaust. I am currently running ported DTLT with magnaflow 2.5 in and 3.0 out cat back exhaust plus the TRD intake. Sounds great to me. You will get a real annoying rasp when you open up the exhaust to much. Everyone has hated it that I have heard of doing it.

15. 375taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    That is why i was thinking the doug thourley y pipe it chas cats in it right?? I do not like that raspy noise either...I would like a nice throaty sound...Is that possible more like a subaru and less like a civic? I agree about the X-1 and get the MAF CAL. I wouldnt be able to afford the x-1 right now anyways...I was thinking the URD CAI would be the best route (NOT SURE) but the placement of the filter makes sense to colder air flow...? Maybe not I am just wanting a nice set up which really any CAI set up should be better than stock.. I do appreciate the advice and information. Im all ears good knowledge and info for a newb to the tuner scene

16. xroller

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    1 hp mod
    As far as intake goes TRD, Stage II si, or URD. I have the TRD and will never stray away from it. I just love the looks and sound. If I want it loud I can take the lid off. If I wanna quite it down I put the lid back on. URD is loud... always. The y-pipe has 2 cats and the Headers have 2 cats. Lol. Funny that you mention subie sound. I think mines sounds like a subie. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yq_DOjhtos

That is what mine sounds like.

17. 06lttaco

06lttaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    06 trd sport
    donahoes, allied spindle, camburg arm, bhlm, debadged, 09 smoked tails, eclipse double-din, thorley long tubes, wet okeles, weathertech mats, gaylord tonneau, satoshi grill
    you dropped a lot of money on that stuff. It should help you out no matter what.

To Top