1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yakima roof rack worth the money?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 98fourbangertaco, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Aug 8, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    98fourbangertaco

98fourbangertaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    98 toyota tacoma, 4wd, SR5, 2.7L, 5-speed
    daystar 2.5in suspension lift kit, detroit truetrac in rear, custom transfer case skidplate, deckplate mod, green high-performance drop in filter, Huskyliner floor mats, 31x10.50 wild country radial mtx tires, yakima roof rack, load warrior basket, stubbs welding rock sliders, arb front bumper with warn 9,000lb winch and procomp black series 100w offroad lights, trail-gear rear bumper, borla exhaust, blacked out factory wheels, shovel mounted on roof rack, de-mudflaped
    I have a 98 extra cab and my buddy has a yakima roof rack system and basket that he ran for bout a year or so the he says he will sell it to me cheap, what do u guy think it would be worth, its the no drill in your roof type rack system, thanks

2. Aug 8, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    are they like these???
    [​IMG]

i love mine

3. Aug 8, 2010 at 12:37 PM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    OP, are you buying it to use it, or for looks? I had a Yakima for my bikes on my car; useless [for me] on my truck...so I sold it. They're solid rack systems, and worth the money imho; but, if you're buying it for looks, you may want to consider spending your $ on something else.

P.S.: You can price check the components on the Yakima website.

4. Aug 8, 2010 at 12:42 PM
    TallTacoma

TallTacoma Bear fvcker!

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    The Silver State
    Vehicle:
    Come and take it from my cold, dead hands.
    3" suspension lift (ToyTec coilovers and wheeler leafs), Yakima roof rack, ARE tonneau, K&N FIPK.
    I have a Yakima rack on my '01 ext-cab and I use it to haul two kayaks. I don't have any complaints.

I would find out how much money he has in the rack and basket and offer 50-75% of his cost.

5. Aug 8, 2010 at 3:34 PM
    SunDevilTacoma

SunDevilTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    04 Wht Double Cab PreRunner
    Turn signal relocation, built in fog light conversion, 4" deck plate
    I had a set up like that when I had my Rodeo and I loved it. Traded the Rodeo in for my Tacoma and didn't need it anymore, but it was well worth the money when I had it.

6. Aug 8, 2010 at 5:37 PM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    daystar 2.5in suspension lift kit, detroit truetrac in rear, custom transfer case skidplate, deckplate mod, green high-performance drop in filter, Huskyliner floor mats, 31x10.50 wild country radial mtx tires, yakima roof rack, load warrior basket, stubbs welding rock sliders, arb front bumper with warn 9,000lb winch and procomp black series 100w offroad lights, trail-gear rear bumper, borla exhaust, blacked out factory wheels, shovel mounted on roof rack, de-mudflaped
    I am buying it for a litle bit of both, I like he look of them but would proably use the basket to haul some of my ridimg gear when my dirtbike is in the back, and yes it looks like the one in the pics but for extra cab 1st gen

7. Aug 8, 2010 at 5:38 PM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    I am buying it for a litle bit of both, I like he look of them but would proably use the basket to haul some of my riding gear when my dirtbike is in the back, and yes it looks like the one in the pics but for extra cab 1st gen

8. Aug 8, 2010 at 5:40 PM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    I would be buying it for a little bit of both, I like the look of them but I would use the basket to haul some of my riding gear when I have the dirtbike in the back, and yes it looks like the one in the pic but for extra cab first gen

9. Aug 8, 2010 at 5:44 PM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    Dunno what the deal with all the posts was, phone froze up

10. Aug 8, 2010 at 10:59 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    I'd like to see an xtracab with something like that on it... Are you sure you'd have enough length to fit a basket? I think it'd be cool just not sure on the space.

11. Aug 9, 2010 at 5:58 AM
    98fourbangertaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Taylorsville, NC
    Vehicle:
    Yea i know i could fit the basket cause he had a truck just like mine same color and all but a v6 instead of an i4 that he sold and got a new fj and i remember he ran the basket when we went and road dirtbikes all the time so it should fit fine

12. Aug 9, 2010 at 7:02 AM
    bishtacova

bishtacova Don't buy a Ford

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC PreRunner V6
    4 leaf TSB, reflash ECM, Eurostyle antenna, thule roof rack, bed extender
  13. Aug 9, 2010 at 7:03 AM
    TacomaJack09

TacomaJack09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jackson
    Montana!
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4x4
    Billie 5100's, Ride Rite Airbags, Tech Deck
    If you use it, its worth it. I have one on my cap and I thought I would only use it for the kayak/canoe, MTB bike, and a few others. But I've used it for various odds and ends. It comes in handy all the time.

14. Aug 9, 2010 at 7:09 AM
    TacomaJack09

TacomaJack09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jackson
    Montana!
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4x4
    Billie 5100's, Ride Rite Airbags, Tech Deck
    There is a 1st Gen. Reg. Cab by my house, and the guy has a Yakima roof rack and basket on his roof. I'm not sure if it's the same basket the OP has, but it looks really good!

Products Discussed in

To Top