1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yakima Skyrise Tent

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Babyruthless87, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Nov 21, 2017 at 12:29 PM
    Babyruthless87

Babyruthless87 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB
    I just got a 2011 Tacoma and am interested in putting the Yakima Skyrise tent on the back. I don’t have a topper or any other rack system on the truck, and I’m wondering if anyone has had experience with this. Thanks.

2. Nov 23, 2017 at 9:11 AM
    SRTim

SRTim Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR 4x4
    First thing first, get something you can put the tent on. I have a camper shell on mine and have a Tepui tent on it. IF you dont want to do a shell defintiely look at a bed rack. Fairly well priced and a nice mounting place for the tent. Second, from what I have heard the Yakima tents arent all that great. Definitely look into something like Tepui, CVT, FSR or Overland Pros. All make great tents.

Something like this works great. http://www.kbvoodoo.com/shop/toyota-tacoma-bed-rack-fits-years-2005-2016 // Or you can simply just do cross bars flush with the rails on the bed for a less aggressive look. Also if you don't want anything on your bed, you can mount a tent on your cab. Look into a rack like Prinsu Designs or crossbars.

Products Discussed in

To Top