1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

YAY OR NEIGH ON EBAY LIGHTS!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by amandaxmarie, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Dec 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    look into depot brand housings that have the bhlm already done then retrofit if you want to run a hid set-up.

this is pretty low on the quality scale dude just fyi.

edit: if you buy the depot brand housings like i suggest there is a guy on here who has a hook up for a pair of mini H1's for 95 dollars and that is a very respectable projector. or jump in on the trs group buy and get your whole set-up straight from them. go this route and do the work yourself take your time and pay attention and you can have some very nice looking and performing lights for well under 300 dollars equal to or better than any oem xenon headlights on the road save for a select few.

also don't buy your housings off of ebay its a crap shoot in regards to their quality. check Amazon they seem to stock clean nice housings that many have used either as a bolt in replacement or to retrofit with and have had no problems with quality.

read this link it basically explains the reasons why these plug and play kits suck.
    http://www.clearcorners.com/tech/005/

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Dec 24, 2011 at 10:17 PM
    SurfInferno

SurfInferno Dont be stupid, its not smart.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
  3. Dec 24, 2011 at 10:27 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    if your on a budget then either take your time and try to restore the lens or get new housings depot or tyc brand only then look into projectors or a new set of halogen bulbs but, pnp kits are trash and i cannot recommend them.

some fellas run them and see no issues but, i'm not one of them. i have been retrofitting cars for around 2 years now and have done about 10 sets for my truck alone in the last year and a half and never once have i ever considered a pnp kit.

trs has made it pretty affordable to seriously upgrade your lighting in a safe correct and more importantly high performance way. this is a great time to begin this mod as there is a few really great oppertunity's to save some cash.

another member has a deal on mini H1's for like 95 a set thats a freaking nice deal and a very respectable projector to boot. also there isa group buy currently underway as i write this so you have the choice of going direct from the company who makes imo the best aftermarket gear money can buy when it comes to xenon lighting.

either way its up to you but, pnp kits are a wast of your money.

i would also not source your housings from ebay, instead try Amazon or another respectable parts distributor not some fly by night company on ebay.

4. Dec 24, 2011 at 11:18 PM
    SurfInferno

SurfInferno Dont be stupid, its not smart.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
  5. Dec 24, 2011 at 11:31 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    absolutely :)

depo brand housings are of a significantly higher quality than every other aftermarket housing on the market. tyc is also nice as well but if it where my ride and i needed to replace the lights and didn't want to pay for the oem shits depo is the only choice.

the bhlm is already done and they look slick get some decent halogen bulbs in there and call it a day brotha.

clearcorners.com

give these guys a call they can set you up with a nice set of halogens or tell you whats what other than oem.

if there is not a bulb made for our trucks that is any better than the oem bulb and this is in terms of reliability and performance they will not recommend it to you they do not sell or recommend crappy stuff.

Products Discussed in

To Top