1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yeah right, sure ya did thread... post your crazy car tales

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by 1 Limited Toyota, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Jan 29, 2024 at 2:53 AM
    1 Limited Toyota

1 Limited Toyota [OP] ISO XRunner body kit complete or pieces

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    08 XRunner
    slowly erasing past owner hacks
    O.k. pick me I'll play

Oakland Tribune for sale ad.
    1967 Shelby GT500 428 cj/4speed $2500 Fremont, Ca.

21 years old and gung ho Mustang guy. 1st buyer inline, seller was willing to hold... no real credit built up yet. The bank just looked at my loan request and laughed... "you want $2500"for a 15 year old Mustang???"

Since that day the only Shelby I've owned has been my Rottweiler "Shelby girl".

RustyGreen, strider98, Squirt and 2 others like this.
  2. Jan 29, 2024 at 6:39 AM
    PennSilverTaco

PennSilverTaco Encyclopedia of useless information...

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    I wish I could go back in time and buy a whole fleet of muscle cars for pennies on the dollar; I would be a multimillionaire.

3. Jan 30, 2024 at 12:10 AM
    1 Limited Toyota

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    08 XRunner
    Yep... The late 70's as a teen ager was the used "performance" car buyers dream.

Example #2, not high performance but
    Dead 1957 VW barn door bus $150. 2 bolts, 5 minutes and a $15 fuel pump, drove it away.

4. Feb 12, 2024 at 2:24 AM
    1 Limited Toyota

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    08 XRunner
    Can't tell me theres no more "yeah right" tales floating around this forum...
    Embellish, twist and even...
    Come on don't be a girly man

5. Feb 12, 2024 at 3:33 AM
    RLMoody

RLMoody Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma SR
    In 1979 I was working at an AMC dealership when a silver 74 Nova SS came in on trade with the driveshaft in the back seat broken. Clean solid car with 65000 miles on a mildly built 350 V8 but obviously abused. The dealer was going to scrap it because they didn't mess around with cars like this but sold it to me for $150 as is. I bought 2 u joints and a used drive shaft at my buddy's junk yard and drove it home the next day. The car was quick and would melt the tires at will but didn't last me long. Not bragging or maybe I am but it also outran a highway patrol one night when I just popped the tab on a beer and crested a hill going 90. He was never able to catch up when I buried the needle. It was dumb and I was 18 or 19. The car was stolen a few weeks later when I ran into the restroom at our local drive in while watching "Midnight Express". Left the keys in the ignition and it was gone. It was found the next day after who stole it sideswiped a car in town and then tried to drive it into a lake where it was found partially submerged stuck on a fallen tree. Because of all the trouble I was getting in with that car the sheriff's department wouldn't tell me where it was towed and then stuck me with the storage fees as well. Served me right being young and stupid like that. Waste of a good car as well.

6. Feb 12, 2024 at 2:30 PM
    1 Limited Toyota

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    08 XRunner
    1982 had just put the first 1,000 mile break in on my newly built bored and balanced 455 (1971 Olds 442/4 sp). Had sworn to myself to drive gently for this period. Now its ready.
    Car full of guys, sitting at a 4 way stop. Its on.
    Exhaust cut outs open, 1st gear, clutch dump, full throttle and 4:11 posi ... noise, smoke the whole deal. I look to my right to see a cop car in the facing parking light. ...
    Kinda blurry but the car made its way to a friends garage, nuff' said.

Cpl. Punishment likes this.
  7. Feb 13, 2024 at 3:44 AM
    RLMoody

RLMoody Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma SR
    In 1977 after working 3rd shift me and my coworker lined up his 71 Satellite and my 68 Fury Sport and were drag racing from traffic light to traffic light near downtown. Hans saw the cop but I didn't. I lit em up going through the intersection while he took off slowly. I got a ticket and some good memories. Me and Hans are still friends and he still has that Satellite. Every once in awhile that story will come up and I will retaliate by reminding him that I was not the guy who blew himself up smoking a cigarette and trying to prime his carburetor.

Cpl. Punishment likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top