1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yet another Fog Light Relay Question.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 400lbGorilla, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Jan 12, 2010 at 1:05 PM
    400lbGorilla

400lbGorilla [OP] ^Son of a hamster, I smell of elderberries.

Member:
    First Name:
    T-LAM
    Ocean City, MD
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4X4 BASE
    Roof Rack, TRD exhaust, Hood Shield, Side Steps, 5% Tints, Tow Package, Bed Extender, Billies at 2.5, Toytec TSB AAL, Avid Offroad Bar, Cruise Control, Removed Sway, Hella 700s, 6000k HIDs, diff breather mod. DTRL, BHLM,Sockmonkyed.
    Okay, I've searched and searched. I have a '09 Base Double Cab 4X4 built in Cali. I found my truck is prewired for most upgrades, I've already installed Cruise Control, and now I'm working on the foglights. I have the lights, the pre-ran wires, and the OEM switch. Now my confusion is what most are calling the relay, is this the fusible link in the fuse box? Or am I missing something? The 120 amp fuse needed to power the fogs? is the the relay everyone speaks of? I now have the fusible link but no way to secure it, because you need a small bolt that goes thru the bottom of the fuse. So once I find a bolt, and plug this fusible link in; am I good? The only answers I find are ...."Oh, yeah all you need is to plug in lights, switch and relay" Noone bothers to tell what relay or supply pics? the fusible link? and it doesn't just snap in, you need a special bolt.

2. Jan 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    400lbGorilla

400lbGorilla [OP] ^Son of a hamster, I smell of elderberries.

Member:
    First Name:
    T-LAM
    Ocean City, MD
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4X4 BASE
    Roof Rack, TRD exhaust, Hood Shield, Side Steps, 5% Tints, Tow Package, Bed Extender, Billies at 2.5, Toytec TSB AAL, Avid Offroad Bar, Cruise Control, Removed Sway, Hella 700s, 6000k HIDs, diff breather mod. DTRL, BHLM,Sockmonkyed.
    Oh yeah, long time reader first time post, so yep, this is how I pop my cherry. With another foglight question.

3. Jan 12, 2010 at 1:30 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    well on my 09 my relay is installed behind the fuse block with the cigaret lighter relay by the coin holder draw thing
    hope that helps

Products Discussed in

To Top