1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

yet another lift question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Dalton092, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Aug 19, 2015 at 8:34 PM
    Dalton092

Dalton092 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    ok guys. my leaves are flat, so its time to pull the trigger on a new setup, and im trying to find someone with the exact setup i want but cant. i am going to go full dakars in the back and probably going to go with the add a leaf as well. i know this is going to lift the back roughly 3 inches. that being said, i want my truck to sit level at that height which in turn means lifting the front roughly 4 inches. would the 887 coils with the top plate spacer achieve this? i am going to get the trim packer to correct the taco lean, but want less than an inch of front rake. the 887s say roughly 3 inches on the tacoma with no added front weight, so im assuming with the top plate spacer it would put it around that 3 and a half to 4 inch mark?? if any body has any experience with this setup it would be a big help or if you could point me to someone who does that would be great!!!!! by the way, ill be going with ome shocks all the way around as well.

2. Aug 19, 2015 at 8:36 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    That's a lot of lift...... Dakars and aal?

If ur prerunner, spindles

If 4wd, I dunno but I wouldn't stack lifts

3. Aug 19, 2015 at 8:37 PM
    Dalton092

Member:
    im referring to the add a leaf that you can get to go with the dakars.

4. Aug 19, 2015 at 8:39 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    So ur getting dakar xl........ Any weight in back?

5. Aug 19, 2015 at 8:40 PM
    Dalton092

Member:
    none at the moment, but i plan on a tool box, and i haul a trailer with a fourwheeler quite often, and thats why i want the extra capacity of the dakars.

6. Aug 20, 2015 at 4:14 PM
    Dalton092

Member:
  7. Aug 20, 2015 at 4:28 PM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Ford Guy (Formerly known as a Toyota Guy)

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5l Eco
    First month of ownership... This month I'm removing front air dam, and also Rhino lining the bed.
    Do you want the truck to sit flat (level) or be higher in the back. The add-a leaf might cause the unloaded back end to sit a few inches higher then the front? What are your goals with the lift and what is your budget? Sounds like you are set on Dakars and OME? I've got a 10 leaf Daker leaf in the rear and OME shocks all around. About a 2.75" - 3.00" lift after settling. All lifts settle a bit.

I like the ride and the handling. I really didn't need the clearance just wanted better off-road and on-road performance. Feels solid at 90MPH on-road and also very capable going 40MPH jamming down the dirt forest trails. Woohoo!!!

BTW, you know OME shocks are just overpriced Monroe shocks, right. And Dakar leafs are alright but Deaver makes the real heavy duty ones that won't sag. Most Dakars are just 8-leaf and the Deavsrrs are 10 -leaf. Honestly avoid any add-a-leaf options, so get what you need in the product you choose. is where I bought my setup and they were really helpful in my pre-purchase decisions.

A new suspension is an expensive decision and you need to do some research. Icons are great but pricey. Bilstein shocks are a great performer and entry level priced, they are often combined with OME springs and an add-a-leaf.

Products Discussed in

To Top