1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yet another tonneau thread

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Taco_2017, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Apr 28, 2017 at 6:37 AM
    Taco_2017

Taco_2017 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM TRD OR
    I thought about making the title of this something about a differential blowing up and posting it in the third gen forum to get a little more attention, but not sure how that would fly.

Anyways, I'm looking to get a tonneau for my 2017 DCSB and need some help. I like the Access lineup, but don't want to have to remove the mounts if I want to put in t-nuts to mount a hi-lift, etc. I think the two I've settled on are the Bakflip MX4 (or maybe Fibermax) and the Extang Encore. For owners of either, could you answer a few questions:

With the Bak covers, I'd want to remove the cover when I load up a dirt bike. When re-installing, do you have to go through the whole process of lining up the cover again? How tedious is this?

With the Extang, I'd like to eventually mount some Yakima tracks along the bed rails (like these: https://www.yakima.com/42-tracks-w-plusnuts) so I need about 2 inches of exposed bed rail. Anybody with the encore have exact dimensions?

Products Discussed in

To Top