1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yet another TSB question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TheBlackPearl, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Feb 25, 2010 at 10:21 PM
    TheBlackPearl

TheBlackPearl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    '06 Double Cab Long Bed TRD Sport 4x4
    Sorry for asking another TSB question. I've searched and couldn't find an answer to my specific situation.

Here goes... I bought my truck used last year at 50k miles and opted to get the 3 yr, 36,000 mile limited drivetrain warranty. I purchased the truck from an Acura dealership so the warranty is also through Acura.

I just checked and the TSB for the rear springs was never done by the previous owner. I was reading the TSB document and it stated that the Toyota Comprehensive Warranty only covers 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Since my truck is at 80k now, I wanted to make sure all maintenance issues get fixed before my warranty runs out.

I plan on bringing in my truck this weekend with the TSB in hand to see if they will honor the fix. Do you think the Acura dealership will even honor the TSB? From what I was told initially when purchasing the truck, if the Acura dealership cant fix a problem, they'll contract it over to Toyota. I'm just wondering if they'll give me a hard time about it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Feb 25, 2010 at 10:34 PM
    Juggernaut

Juggernaut Captain

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner AC Sport Rally 5 Spd
    Tail gate hose clamp, Front Windows 50% tint, fog lights, 894 backup light mod, LED license & interior.
    Most people cannot get a TSB done with an extended toyota warranty from toyota. I think you are SOL, but maybe you will get lucky and Acura does not know Toyota's policy on TSB repair post warranty.

3. Feb 25, 2010 at 10:37 PM
    TheBlackPearl

TheBlackPearl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    '06 Double Cab Long Bed TRD Sport 4x4
    Darnit! I was hoping that it would be covered. How much would it cost roughly to have a mechanic fix it?

4. Feb 25, 2010 at 10:50 PM
    Crom

Crom Outside...

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Overland Build
    Millions
    The TSB is not a "fix." You only need to change your leaf springs if there is a problem with them.

5. Feb 25, 2010 at 11:04 PM
    Juggernaut

Juggernaut Captain

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner AC Sport Rally 5 Spd
    Tail gate hose clamp, Front Windows 50% tint, fog lights, 894 backup light mod, LED license & interior.
    ^ Correct. If you need more payload capacity your best bet is air bags. If you want more lift and a lil more capacity your best bet is an Add A Leaf (<$100). Cheers!

To Top