1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yikes!!!!

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Ridgerunner, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Dec 2, 2008 at 2:36 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
  2. Dec 2, 2008 at 2:45 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    I shit you not, I had a mule deer charge me and my dogs last night! It was dark, and I was walking my two dogs. We apparently spooked 3 mule deer that were bedded down in my neighbor's yard. I couldn't see very well, but one of them appeared to be a fawn. They started to run when my dogs started barking at them. They got around the corner, when a doe turned around and started coming at me aggressively! I couldn't see a fucking thing other than it's outline, but the mule deer was about 15' in front of me. I started retreating, fearing a situation like the article mentions happening, and it kept coming for about 20' before it finally halted. I'm assuming that it was protecting the fawn. I've never had a deer react like that before though... usually they see me and my dogs and just run away... My dogs aren't exactly small, and my biggest one has taken down a fawn before, had to pull him off, but that's a different story.

3. Dec 2, 2008 at 2:46 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I just read that on comcast.net. Guy was pretty lucky he could drive to the hospital. I wonder if he went back for the deer.

4. Dec 2, 2008 at 2:50 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    note to self: take extra ammo and a back up shooter when hunting in Missouri AND Colorado......:eek:

5. Dec 2, 2008 at 2:51 PM
    duckcmdr

duckcmdr If it flies it dies!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    ARB Winch Bumper, Cabelas trial gear 2 mats, Wade vent shades, rear TSB, Toytec TSB AAL ,5100's set to 0,886 coils w/top plate 285/75/16 Treadwright at on Raceline Raptors, Toytec Diff drop, Bud Built Skids,Total Chaos LCA Skids,Devil horns,LED Dome Light,Scan Gauge, Rear Diff Breather, Revenge Fab Sliders. XRC 8 winch, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters 100 watt, Redline hood Struts & ez-down tailgate, G-stop extended SS brake lines,Homeroshi front grill and snorkle grill, relentless fab hc rear bumper
    Damn:eek::eek: I bet hes going to think twice before he approches a kill. Hes luckey it didn't kill'em.

6. Dec 4, 2008 at 9:05 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Guy was lucky, I have seen deer stand their ground, around dog's and people but only know of one other attack, and that guy pours scent all over him.
    I wonder if when he walked over to it if he poked it with the front of his gun. Will make me a little more alert.

7. Dec 4, 2008 at 9:51 AM
    -TRDMAN-

-TRDMAN- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Clarion Pa
    Vehicle:
    F-150
    I wish a bick buck would attack me, cas that would require seeing a big buck first....

8. Dec 4, 2008 at 9:57 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    HA, thought you would of gotten one already. Don't know what I would do if one "stood me down" or came after me.

9. Dec 4, 2008 at 10:01 AM
    -TRDMAN-

-TRDMAN- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Clarion Pa
    Vehicle:
    F-150
    im having a bad year since i did not get to scout at all due to college.... if one stood me down it would be getting some lead from the ol' 30-06!!

10. Dec 4, 2008 at 10:02 AM
    09tacoLI

09tacoLI Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island ny
    Vehicle:
    09 off road
    Shrockworks sliders,Shrockworks Front bumper,Warn 9.5xp winch,Toytec Ult.3in,Total Chaos UCAs,AP expo Rear, Fox remote resi shocks Bud built skids,Piaa 7in,Piaa yellow plasma Off road lights.
    some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you. or the deer eats you

11. Dec 4, 2008 at 10:22 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Man that blows not getting to scout. I work the property so I get to scout everytime I am down that way.
    But you still got time...don't you?

12. Dec 4, 2008 at 10:49 AM
    -TRDMAN-

-TRDMAN- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Clarion Pa
    Vehicle:
    F-150
    I got two more weeks of rifle(3 day that i can hunt) and i got 4 weeks of muzzle loader after x mas to hunt!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top