1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yokohama A/T-S Tire Experience

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jabrackin, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Jan 25, 2011 at 9:48 PM
    jabrackin

jabrackin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD OffRoad
    Would everyone who has had these tires or currently does share their expereince. I am thinking about getting these tires in 265/75/16 (white letters)

2. Jan 25, 2011 at 10:01 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    I have that exact tire in that size. It kicks ass. Great traction on dirt, the great siping does excellent in rain, and I get amazing good traction in snow with no slippage whatsoever. Ive had them for about 8,000 miles and they still have a ton of life yet. I went with these based on the reviews on tirerack.com, and I'm glad I did.

3. Jan 26, 2011 at 1:10 AM
    Yota Newb

Yota Newb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 5-Lug Regular Cab 2.7L 5 Speed
    I had them on my work truck. I treat lakes and ponds, we drive off road at least 10 times a day while pulling a heavy treatment boat. We don't get boat ramps, we have to just launch where we can and use 4 wheel drive to get us out. We got the Geolander AT/S on there last year and they were awesome! We also drive at least 100 miles a day, sometimes 250+ and they seem to wear pretty nice. Very nice tread pattern that loves to pick up rocks ;) They are quiet on the highway, and handle off road very well. We sometimes have to kick it in low gear to get out of some of our launches on some ponds and these never got me stuck.

These tires were pretty impressive and I would love to have a set on my Taco when the money is right. The only disclaimer I can add is that I only had about 6 months experience with these, as I flipped that same work truck just last October... The tires did survive the wreck, but I think that's because I landed on the roof instead of the tires.
    Seriously, I was impressed with these tires and I would recommend them.

4. Jan 26, 2011 at 4:16 AM
    Jimsc

Jimsc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner Double Cab
    Aries Nerf Bars, Cargo Seperator
    I've had several sets of Geolander's and like them a lot.

Products Discussed in

To Top