1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

York Me, Long Sands, Anchorage Inn

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Simon's Mom, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:24 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom [OP] Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Spent a long weekend at the Anchorage Inn in York, Me.
    An oceanfront room was only $136 & included a full course dinner for two with no restrictions (Fresh lobster & Tenderloin :drool:).
    The Restaurant is on the ocean too.
    It was awesome!
    Travelled up to Kennebunkport & saw Pres Bush's oceanfront house & all the secret service :p
    Neddick Lighthouse, Kittery Trading Post, Marginal Way all the free touristee places & no crowds due to the off season. :bananadance:
    I will post some pics later.
    The resort itself has been a fixture on Long Sands since 1963 & is owned by the Ramsey family. Definitely they do a great job with the food (all fresh) & the rooms were clean, comfy, with all the amenties. They have some upscale suites too but my plan was to keep the cost down & I was with my Mom. :eek:
    I don't know what they charge in season but a nice getaway with the ocean right there. It was really nice.
    If someone is looking for a inexpensive weekend excursion on the Maine Coast this is it. :thumbsup:

2. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:36 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Sounds like a great time! :popcorn:for pics.

3. Oct 7, 2010 at 7:02 AM
    Danosabre

Danosabre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gardner,Ma
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Extang Trifold bed cover,DDM 55W 6000k HID, maglight, Vent visors
    Wow small world, ( but I wouldn't want to paint it) I was in Scarborough, ME this past weekend. Was up there with some guy from the bike forum I'm on. Did some site seeing around Sabago Lake.

4. Oct 7, 2010 at 7:57 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom [OP] Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Thanks Matt Here are a few of the pics. President Bush's place was one of my favorite stops.
    Yes Maine is one of my favorite places to Road Trip. How far of a drive is it for you? Mine is about 4 hrs to the ocean.

Pics
    President George Bush's Kennebunkport home
    [​IMG]
    The former Commander in Chief even sports a wind turbine!
    [​IMG]
    Cape Neddick Nubble Lighthouse
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Views from the rocky shores along Marginal Way & Perkins Cove
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lobster Pound in York, great restaurant in front of this place :drool:
    [​IMG]
    View my room at the Anchorage ... tacoma & Long Sands, York Maine
    [​IMG]

5. Oct 7, 2010 at 8:13 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Wow! Worth the wait; those pics are fantastic!:cool:

6. Oct 10, 2010 at 8:06 AM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    What happens if you only live 20 minutes from that view???:cool::D

Simons Mom, you are right on with the "views"....and with off-season here,long quiet walks help recharge the "mind" after any long week....;)

If you can fit a longer trip to "DownEast Maine",try to get up around the Brunswick/Bath area and "walk" Popham Beach and visit the "Fort"....:)...with the "NEW" Cabellas as a 1/2 way stop (Plus a 4 ****BBQ restaurant in the same complex..)

Your escapes to Maine are like mine to Vermont.....R&R plus quiet time.....Quechee 2-3 times a year , Class 4 roads along the "River" make for GREAT SNOW wheeling:cool::cool:..plus EXCELLENT sno-shoeing ;):D

Sometimes we New Englanders FORGET how spoiled mother nature has made us ;):rolleyes::rolleyes:....."Day trips" can include mountains, oceans,lakes or BIG Cities.......

7. Oct 10, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Great picturs Judy! Downeast Maine is only about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me. Very crowded in the summer, but great after labor day.

To Top