1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

YOTA 209 Silver 2005 SBDC TRD Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by YOTA 209, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Sep 28, 2016 at 11:51 AM
    YOTA 209

YOTA 209 [OP] Instagram: Yota_209

Member:
    Stockton/Lodi CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DCSB TRD off-road
    Lift - 887 OME/Bilstien 5100s LR UCA Dakar full leaf pack/Bilstien 5100s Tires - 285/70R 17 BFG KO2's Wheels - ProComp 5001's 17x8
    I purchased this truck back in 2006 with only 7k miles on it and have been in love with it ever since. This year I noticed that it was starting to show its age so I decided to give it some love and put some money into as I don't plan on selling her. It has 167k highway miles and I expect it to go for another 100k miles easy as I've kept up religiously on its maintenance.

Here's a pic of what I'm started with.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

I had Plastidiped my stock wheel black to give it a "fresher" look. It was fine, but not anything significant. My front bumper has pain that is faded to the plastic, grill is faded, and head lights are yellow. Other than that it's in great shape. All things that are in the process of being replaced and restored.
    Thanks to Tacoma World, I found out that I also needed to lift the truck 3" and get 33" tires as well. Forum members informed me that @HeadStrong Off-Road was the vendor I needed to purchase my items from, so I did just that...
    image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg
    OME 887
    Bilstien 5100's
    Dakar full leaf pack
    LR UCA
    Diff drop
    Drivetrain spacer
    Pro Comp 5001 wheels
    BFG KO2 285/70/17 tires

Thankfully my buddy had all the tools necessary to complete the installation ourselves.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    That's me in the black shirt.

The install went fairly easy. We did discover that me passenger rear wheel had oil leaking from a broken axel seal. More on that later. I also discovered that me push through hub caps that came with the pro Comp 5001 wheels didn't fit, so I had to leave them off and plan on painting the rotor hubs black to match, unless I don't find caps that are compatible instead.
    Here's what it all looked like after installing the new suspension lift and tires.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

I'm over the moon in love with my Taco again and I'm just getting started. I'll update this post as I progress on the build. If you're on Instagram feel free to follow me, @Yota_209.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    jpereira2 likes this.
  2. Sep 28, 2016 at 12:50 PM
    HeadStrong Off-Road

HeadStrong Off-Road Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma and 2019 4Runner

Nice write up and really love all of the pictures!! Thank you so much for sharing!

YOTA 209[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  3. Nov 30, 2016 at 12:27 PM
    realBIG

realBIG Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    R.B.
    Greenville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB
    Nice looking truck! I'm going to ask the age old questions- but looking for some advice. As far as settling in the front, how much lift did it end up giving you in the front? Does it sit level with the rear?

I've pretty much decided on the 5100's w/ the 887 coils just having trouble deciding what to do with the rear. I want a level look but can't seem to find a direct answer to my question just because everyone's situation is different. (Far as weight, what you haul and what not)

Products Discussed in

To Top