1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yotanator's Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by yotanator, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Feb 8, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    yotanator

yotanator [OP] Not your average girl

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    Custom built and painted grill, iPod interface, TRD shift knob, TRD cat back exhaust, Flowmaster muffler, 285/75/R16 Mickey Thompson Baja Radials, blacked out emblems, 3" Daystar Lift, Halo headlights, Hunter 4x4 bull bar, 1 1/2 wheel spacers, rooftop light bar, KC daylighters
    Now that my wheels are painted I figured I would start a build page.

I don't have any bone stock shots of my truck. I bought it at Stockton Toyota (CA) for around 24K I think in January of 2007. The truck had sat on the lot for over a year so they were willing to discount it and it came with a few accessories like a bed mat, door sill protectors, first aid kit, wheel locks, and I can't remember what else. The salesman said it had sat on the lot for so long because no one wanted a stick which was exactly what I was looking for: a 4x4 stick :D

It sat stock for a few months before it got way bigger shoes: 285/75/R16 Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTXs

First thing I did was black out the emblems, including a TRD emblem
    [​IMG]

Next was the 3 inch leveling kit (mods on a budget :eek:)
    [​IMG]

Then I decided to color match the grill and add a red Toyota logo
    [​IMG]

Shortly after that I added a TRD exhaust and then four days later a Flowmaster muffler cause the truck just wasn't loud enough with just the TRD exhaust. (I don't currently have a picture of this)

After the exhaust I seemed to be on a lighting streak so I added some black Halo projectors courtesy of Ebay :cool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I decided I needed a rooftop light bar and a bull bar :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Then because I got pummeled with rock chips and wanted to make life a little easier I painted the grill black (no more taping off to repaint)
    [​IMG]

FJ Cruiser TRD shift knob
    [​IMG]

Inclinometer from Cabela's :D
    [​IMG]

Side mirror decal "Objects in Mirror are Losing" sorry it's hard to see
    [​IMG]

Had been wanting black rims with red for a long time and with a lack of funds I decided to paint my stock rims, also added 1 1/2" spacers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As he sits today (as a girl I can't call my truck a she haha)
    [​IMG]

Truck and its owner
    [​IMG]

A couple close up shots of the light bar
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love stormy days :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

New KC Lights put on at Mod Day Feb 20th

[​IMG]

The Retro grill!!!! Made by yours truly :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread on how I made the grill: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/81760-project-retro-grill.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSzVOnDck2s

I decided that color matching the grill would look better

[​IMG]

Then I bought some chrome taillight bezels and painted them black

[​IMG]

Never saw anyone else on here do this, but since I am all for a unique truck I went ahead and painted my cup holder piece red and added a black Toyota logo.

[​IMG]

I know some people think it's ricey, but I like the look of the red calipers with the other red accents on the truck

[​IMG]

Got a pair of Sock Monkey decals:

[​IMG]

New bumper!!!!! :goingcrazy: from Unleashed Motorsports :D

[​IMG]

The Little Yeti decal was also made by Sock Monkey :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Feb 8, 2010 at 9:18 PM
    TexasIslandBoy

TexasIslandBoy THE RED DRAGON!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    South Texas. SPI
    Vehicle:
    07' trd offroad 4X4 (For Sale)
    pro comp 6inch lift 35'' tires moto 950's radfo coilovers magnaflow exhaust 5/16" front skidplate usa spec ipod interface tree pin strip mod dry drop in filter full size BFG KM2 spare
    roof light bar is pretty cool

3. Feb 8, 2010 at 9:20 PM
    JohnnyGato

JohnnyGato God of Thunder ...and Rock N' Roll!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vegas Island
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD SR5 V6 4x4 Off Road
    Limo tint, Sirius/XM radio, Wet Okole's, Weathertech's, Rhino Lining, blacked out badges, shorty antenna, painted speaker (tweeter) covers, blue LED running lights, Icon 3" lift, Pro Comp 17" 7005's, 33" (285/70/17) Good Year MT/R's with kevlar.
    I love the mirror sticker "Objects in mirror are losing". Where'd ya get that?

4. Feb 8, 2010 at 9:22 PM
    yotanator

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    Custom built and painted grill, iPod interface, TRD shift knob, TRD cat back exhaust, Flowmaster muffler, 285/75/R16 Mickey Thompson Baja Radials, blacked out emblems, 3" Daystar Lift, Halo headlights, Hunter 4x4 bull bar, 1 1/2 wheel spacers, rooftop light bar, KC daylighters
    Ebay. There's a guy on there that makes them

5. Feb 9, 2010 at 11:07 AM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    looks good girl. not feeling the hood scoop thou. if you like it that is all that matters

6. Feb 9, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    Zizo

Zizo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Northern NewJersey
    Vehicle:
    '06 Doublecab 4x4 TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, Skidplate, Running Boards, Pioneer Avic-X710BT, Back-up Camera, WeatherGuard Box, 6000K H.I.D.'s
    where did you get that roof light bar? it looks awesome. I wanna buy one!!!

7. Feb 9, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    yotanator

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    It came from Ebay from some dude in Thailand. I guess it's an option on a car of some sort there.

8. Feb 9, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    Zizo

Zizo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Northern NewJersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Exhaust, Skidplate, Running Boards, Pioneer Avic-X710BT, Back-up Camera, WeatherGuard Box, 6000K H.I.D.'s
    you have any closer up photos of it?

9. Feb 9, 2010 at 11:29 AM
    yotanator

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    I was gonna go out today and take some pictures of the truck in a more interesting location than the driveway, so I'll take a close up shot of the light bar then.

10. Feb 9, 2010 at 11:45 AM
    Zizo

Zizo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Northern NewJersey
    Vehicle:
    awesome. thanks. Do you know if you can change the bulbs or if they are sealed up tight? I kind of want to put HID's but have no idea where I could put the ballasts. Did it come with a wiring harness kit or anything?

11. Feb 9, 2010 at 12:10 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    Looks nice, just a little tip on your head lights. A buddy locally had them and they three little lights that run vertical fell out in a ruff road. I suggest that you get a little silicon from Home depot and seal them up. It will keep them from popping out and keep everything nice and dry.

12. Feb 9, 2010 at 3:54 PM
    yotanator

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    Ouch! A buddy of mine bought a pair for his truck and when they came the headlight housing rattled cause something had popped loose. So far no problems with mine *knock on wood* but thanks for the tip!

13. Feb 9, 2010 at 3:56 PM
    yotanator

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    I haven't noticed if the bulbs are easy to change or not and no the seller I got them from did not supply a wiring kit. :(

14. Feb 9, 2010 at 4:28 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road SR5 Impulse Red
    5100's @ 1.25", Scangaugae II, deck plate mod w/AFE Pro Dry S filter, grey wire mod, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, 17" sport wheels powder coated black, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers, 265/70/17 Cooper Zeon LTZ's, sockmonkey beside decals.
    nice work katie! your truck looks great :thumbsup:

15. Feb 9, 2010 at 7:45 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab 6spd 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    i like the decal on the side. whered you get it from?

16. Feb 9, 2010 at 9:03 PM
    yotanator

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    Pep Boys....looks like we're going off the same master plan with our trucks :D

17. Feb 9, 2010 at 9:07 PM
    meckleystephen

meckleystephen My Taco is Bi-Winning!!!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma Off Road
    3 Inch Toytec lift,Blacked out badges
    the top light bar looks a little to jeep liberty for me but what ever floats ur boat really nice truck A++++

18. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:53 PM
    taco084gb

taco084gb No matter where you go there you are.

Member:
    First Name:
    Galen
    NorCal
    Great lookin Truck there Katie. The lights are different but I like them. Have you run them up there in the fog much and what do you think, say compared to HIDs. I see your from Reno, I grew up in Susanville, I get up there once in awhile and go offroading out in the Black Rock desert, and near Pyramid lake.

19. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:58 PM
    yotanator

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    The roof lights aren't currently wired, but the headlights have done pretty well. I really like them. I've only had one problem when I'm not sure what kind of lights would have saved me. I had to hug the snow on the side of the road cause it was so thick :(

20. Mar 5, 2010 at 12:06 AM
    taco084gb

taco084gb No matter where you go there you are.

Member:
    First Name:
    Galen
    NorCal
    So you lights on top did not come with a wire harness right? They look like a clean setup but that sucks if you cant get them wired yet. Do you need a special kit or what? I would like something like them as well. Do you have where you got them and price by chance.
    Ya the Snow in Reno gets damn nasty. When I lived over in Susanville we used to go to Reno at least once a week, for Costco or Tractor parts for my Grandfathers Heavy equipment.

To Top