1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

You an Access 2010 Guru? Help please.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Chipskip, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Jun 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    No problem. Try the query in post 38. It's slightly different than the one I had listed earlier.

2. Jun 17, 2013 at 10:49 AM
    Chipskip

Chipskip [OP] N7MCS

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    07 Tundra
    Now what I need to figure out is how to get all the other inflammation too, I need the shift, name and call type for those. I think this is a great start and I just need to do some trial and error. Adding one piece of info again and again until I find one that breaks it and then figure out how to get that info from a different query. You really have help me a lot, thank you.

3. Jun 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    That's where the join will come in. You create your larger query and then join to the smaller uniqueticketnumber recordset based on pkey. It will only return records which have the same pkey as the data in your uniqueticketnumber query.

4. Jun 18, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    Chipskip

Chipskip [OP] N7MCS

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    07 Tundra
    OK, I feel stupid! I have had no issues with this sort of join in the past. But instead of beating my head against the keyboard, I figured I would reach out to you once more.

Now I need to pull the other information from that table, I am able to grab ever field, except one field without issue. All the other fields are the same for every record, but the field "TTA" is a time field that is different for every record entry.

The joins with the pKey just isn't doing it to pull only the records with matching pKey. I have tried the different join properties.

5. Jun 19, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    Have you tried removing the group by statements. Maybe something weird is going on with them. I would try eliminating the group by unless you need it. It is typically used with aggregate queries (e.g. a sum function that calculates an order total).
    http://beginner-sql-tutorial.com/sql-group-by-clause.htm

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  6. Jun 19, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    Chipskip

Chipskip [OP] N7MCS

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    07 Tundra
    I decided to use the same method for getting a unique Ticket number to get a unique TTA. Then rejoining them via the pkey.

Everything is working now.

Just cleaning up the hierarchy of queries to get me the final report.

Looks like I am finally getting a new computer and maybe get my Access training class approved.

Thanks for all your help.

7. Jun 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    Glad I could help.

Products Discussed in

To Top