1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

You mean to tell me i can only choose between 3 colors for a new 2011 Tacoma?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Vrbas, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Jun 16, 2010 at 9:56 PM
    Vrbas

Vrbas [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 DCSB 6speed
    Gotcha, it makes sense now. I figured as much but wanted confirmation... thought i was making the right decision by waiting for the 2011's :/

2. Jun 16, 2010 at 10:02 PM
    SurfInferno

SurfInferno Dont be stupid, its not smart.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
    So i just built my "Dream tacoma" and its trippin me out. on the website i chose access cab, 4x4, TRD OR, and 6 speed. i go to choose colors and it only let me choose silver white and black? Its no base model thing. I test drove that very truck in blue not to long ago.

3. Jun 16, 2010 at 10:03 PM
    SurfInferno

SurfInferno Dont be stupid, its not smart.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
    another thing that i just learned is you cannot get a manual transmission prerunner

4. Jun 17, 2010 at 4:19 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    Those impulse red pearl base models are pretty sexy huh ;)

[​IMG]

5. Jun 17, 2010 at 5:06 AM
    atebit

atebit What's all this, then?

Member:
    The basement of the Alamo
    Vehicle:
    18 Inferno TRD OR 4x4 AC
    Try using a zipcode in Toyota's Northeast region (Virginia and north). I live in NC, and when shopping for Toyotas or Lexus I notice that often the option packages, colors and incentives are different than what's available in the Southeast region.

6. Jun 17, 2010 at 6:26 AM
    Steve_P

Steve_P Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5 4WD 4cyl
    I don't know the answer to the OPs question, but when it comes to buying a new car, it's not 1970 anymore. That was before my car buying time, but you could pick thru 30+ options and basically build a unique car. They had individual factory options for odd stuff like HD battery, HD alternator, tinted windshield (with the rest of the glass clear), etc; then they had ~12 exterior colors, 4 interior colors; you could check off boxes and get unique combinations. Now everything is grouped as packages. My wife bought an 07 Civic LX new. She wanted gray exterior and interior. That wasn't available on the LX; IIRC only the hybrid. Ok, then her next choice was red. Ok, you can get a red LX, but ONLY with tan interior. She wanted gray interior. She ended up with metallic blue and gray interior. No more picking out individual options; now it's all pkgs: AC usually comes PW, PDL, cruise, etc. On the Civic LX, the choices were ~5 exterior colors, automatic transmission, floor mats.
    Toyota seems to be the same as Honda with option groupings. It makes sense for the mfg as it makes it easier to build the cars.

7. Jun 17, 2010 at 12:16 PM
    Vrbas

Vrbas [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 DCSB 6speed
    So what's the difference between the 2008 impulse red and the one they have available for the 2009 and 2010's (and i guess 11)?

8. Jun 18, 2010 at 5:24 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    They don't make Impulse Red Pearl anymore, I think 08 (maybe 09?) was the last year they offered that color. The red is now called Barcelona Red.

Are you looking for a V6 Prerunner base model that looks like the TRD packages, but without the chrome(like the 1 I pictured above) or are you looking for the 5 lug 4cyl 2wd basic work style truck?

Go to toyota.com, on the top click on 'Models & Prices' (instead of build a Tacoma), click on 'Access Cab-View all Prices' next to the list of models on the right side there is a little box that says '360 views and colors' it shows all the colors available, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are available...the build option won't let me pick an access cab prerunner and I know they are sold here :rolleyes: so don't base anything off that website, go to the dealers and see whats on the lot. Yes, options and colors vary by region...so you might have to get one shipped in if they don't have what you are looking for.

9. Jun 18, 2010 at 7:16 AM
    Ocean's

Ocean's Well-Known Member

Member:
    Run it through the MUD a couple of times and it won't matter what color it is... :eek::D

10. Jun 18, 2010 at 7:20 AM
    DNahas

DNahas Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4 OR

Not the only, but they are the target and majority.

11. Jun 18, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    saltshaker

saltshaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    johnny
    north carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road MGM AC
    AFE CAI, Fold-a-cover
    I think what the website does is only show their inventory for your region. If you tried 6 months ago it would have let you choose any color because they would have had more available. So when it says build your Tacoma, you're not really building it just choosing from what they have.

six months ago when I would go on their website I could build my perfect truck but I waited to long. Now when I try I only get silver and white, but I'm not an old man so I'm waiting for the new batch to come out.

Products Discussed in

To Top