1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yukikaze's build and BS: Utility Package AF

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Builds (2016-2023)' started by Nitori, May 25, 2017.

1. Feb 8, 2020 at 4:55 PM
    Nitori

Nitori [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maricopa AZ
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R SR5
    Been neglecting updates, progress has been nonexistent/slow while I dicked around with my Civic Si.

I'm back on my bullshit with the Taco now. 30,000 mile service is due, gonna do that myself and I have been adding a few small things here and there.

Some interior upgrades from @MESO ... I already had most of my trim come without the chrome because I bought the base model, but the stupid cupholders had a ring around them- no more!
    IMG_3159.jpg
    (Yes I need to vacuum it, I know.) Super duper easy install, huge props to Meso for making a kickass product!
    While I had the center console off to install it I also clipped the wires to the shifter and reversed the up/downshift polarity so now you pull to upshift, push to downshift (like most cars with a real sequential gearbox do!)

Oh, and a Meso TacoPod holding a ZadaTech LED Oil Pressure display:
    IMG_3161.jpg

Took a little bit of fitting to get it to sit the way it does, but I dig it too!

The biggest news though is circa tomorrow I have a set of Accutuned Fox 2.0 extended travel shocks coming for the rear, with the eventual goal of getting all my ride heights, travel, bump stops etc. dialed in! I had made a lot of compromises trying to shoehorn the truck into being a commuter car, so now I can actually put the front end back to roughly level and maybe add a leaf in the rear.

2. Mar 15, 2020 at 7:34 PM
    Nitori

Member:
    Maricopa AZ
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R SR5
    Ghetto AF baby! :rofl:
    firefox_ey6rnParDk.jpg

This is temporary while I diagnose an issue... For some reason my oil pressure gauge cuts off sometimes. Not sure why, it just kind of turns off. If you cycle the power on the switch-pros circuit that it is powered by, it comes right back on. So I'm trying to figure out if the switch-pro is going dead on that channel only (unlikely??) or if it's over/under voltage or what the deal is. If we're still getting 12V to the gauge I will know it's the gauge itself.

Alas, cussing at the underside of my dash has kept me from installing my rear shocks this weekend.:anonymous:

3. Oct 28, 2020 at 7:42 PM
    Snaeper

Snaeper Drinks like an 8, Drives like a 3

Member:
    First Name:
    Martin
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quicksand SX 2.7 4x4 1990 Toyota Celica ST
    SnugTop Rebel, Infinity Kappa's, ToughDog 40mm
    One last picture since she and Nitori parted ways.

Happened across her driving for her new owner while I was finishing lunch.

[​IMG]

everymanalion and SJBrown like this.
  4. Nov 28, 2020 at 6:32 PM
    SJBrown

SJBrown Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Bearded SR AC 4x4
    I love this build! I'm wondering, although you went with weld-on sliders, did you ever look into bolt-ons? I'm told that our model/package has an odd bolt pattern that makes bolt-ons built for other packages not quite fit. Thanks for any help you can offer.

5. Nov 29, 2020 at 6:26 PM
    Nitori

Member:
    Maricopa AZ
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R SR5
    I decided to go weld-on simply because of the weight savings. With a truck that jumps from one side of the 4000 pound mark to the other depending on fuel load, and only about 160 HP- generously speaking- weight is a real concern.

Going weld on vs bolt on saves you the weight of the bolt-on plates which is roughly 20 pounds-ish based on most estimates. That's offsetting the weight of a 1/4" aluminum front skid almost completely. May not sound like much, but with limited power every little bit counts. It's also why I went downright looney with my wheel and tire weights and had them in the neighborhood of some cars.:anonymous:

SJBrown[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Nov 29, 2020 at 6:31 PM
    SJBrown

SJBrown Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Bearded SR AC 4x4
    Good thinking. Unfortunately, my truck is "for my use" but technically not "mine." I'm looking for the sliders as armor that'll keep me having fun without worrying about destroying the truck. Having it removable is a must for me. I'll have to keep searching!

Products Discussed in

To Top