1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Zombie Response Vehicle

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Spencer, Mar 13, 2013.

1. May 13, 2015 at 9:14 PM
    Spencer

Spencer [OP] Future President

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Upland, Chino... all of 909.
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 6cyl Sex Machine
    Redline hood lift, Flyzeye cabin lights, tailgate lock, SPOD Power block, VIAR onboard air, Cobra CB radio, Firestick 4' Antenna, Hot Blonde CoPilot Mod, SIX 9" Hella 4000 HID conversion with external 55W ballasts, Six 6" LED bars, Napier Bed Tent, Mudflaps delete using rocks, Roof rack by Brute force, Rock sliders by Brute force, Bed LED lights, Underhood LED automatic lights, Constant 12V bed plug, Rugged race radio, ICON uniball UCA's, KING 2.5 700 rate coilovers, Deaver rear leaf springs, KING 2.5 resi rear shocks (Flat 0.15 stack on compression shims), Scangauge, Empty wallet Mod Bug disease, AllPro Apex front bumper, On board heat exchange shower & water pump (Heater Core intercept mod), On Board Air - Viair for now, ARB when it dies-, allpro Skids back to gas tank- Tepui RTT on the shittiest "Bed Rack" ever made.... AllPro U Bolt flip kit with timbren bumps NEXT UP- expo leafs & bed rack, hydraulic bumps in rear, Total Chaos stock LCA's w/ Bypass, Rear 12" shock hoop relocate
    uploadfromtaptalk1431576002442.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431576027450.jpg
    Prepping for my Retrax bed cover from @TruckMods !

Ripped out the shitty led bed lights, cleaned up wiring and flush mounted four little leds I found on Amazon. They were cheap but I got 12 of em delivered for like 20 bucks & they're easy to replace when they inevitably fail with one back nut rather than soldering that damn led strip. uploadfromtaptalk1431576741599.jpg

2. May 14, 2015 at 1:38 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Redline hood lift, Flyzeye cabin lights, tailgate lock, SPOD Power block, VIAR onboard air, Cobra CB radio, Firestick 4' Antenna, Hot Blonde CoPilot Mod, SIX 9" Hella 4000 HID conversion with external 55W ballasts, Six 6" LED bars, Napier Bed Tent, Mudflaps delete using rocks, Roof rack by Brute force, Rock sliders by Brute force, Bed LED lights, Underhood LED automatic lights, Constant 12V bed plug, Rugged race radio, ICON uniball UCA's, KING 2.5 700 rate coilovers, Deaver rear leaf springs, KING 2.5 resi rear shocks (Flat 0.15 stack on compression shims), Scangauge, Empty wallet Mod Bug disease, AllPro Apex front bumper, On board heat exchange shower & water pump (Heater Core intercept mod), On Board Air - Viair for now, ARB when it dies-, allpro Skids back to gas tank- Tepui RTT on the shittiest "Bed Rack" ever made.... AllPro U Bolt flip kit with timbren bumps NEXT UP- expo leafs & bed rack, hydraulic bumps in rear, Total Chaos stock LCA's w/ Bypass, Rear 12" shock hoop relocate
    uploadfromtaptalk1431635806998.jpg
    Retrax installed!
    Full write up to follow shortly.

3. May 14, 2015 at 10:42 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
  4. May 17, 2015 at 9:44 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Big bear run. This damn truck makes it too easy to climb. had to turn ATRAC off a couple times to make it harder.

uploadfromtaptalk1431879251784.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431879297641.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431879317785.jpg
    Ruben climbing around doing the two wheel shuffle with his open/open diffs uploadfromtaptalk1431879569290.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1431879659141.jpg

5. May 17, 2015 at 10:53 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
  6. May 17, 2015 at 11:09 AM
    4x4runner2002

4x4runner2002 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 limited
    suspension and armor
    Nice pics. I think I want that bed cover on my trailer. Looks real clean.

7. May 20, 2015 at 4:26 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    How bad do you want it? :spy:
    Will it fit?

8. May 20, 2015 at 4:38 PM
    4x4runner2002

4x4runner2002 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 limited
    suspension and armor
    I'm still a ways from that and idk the dimensions yet. But I think yours might be too wide. Mine will be about 48 or 49 wide.

9. Sep 5, 2015 at 11:55 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Started it for the first time in a month and a half. Might even be longer than that. There's spiderwebs all over the tires. I'm ashamed of myself....

10. Sep 23, 2015 at 1:50 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
  11. Sep 23, 2015 at 1:50 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Let's go!

12. Nov 19, 2015 at 6:20 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    uploadfromtaptalk1447985645806.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447985674654.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447985711059.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447985750481.jpg

Camped out at Pismo beach last night. Beautiful weather, the wind was dead and it was completely empty. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

Also, I just paid this thing off!! uploadfromtaptalk1447986052072.jpg

13. Nov 30, 2015 at 8:03 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Re working my entire wiring soon. Plan is to get a bed rack with a set of two lights flush mounted for brake lights and two more reverse lights because my RTT will block the current reverse lights. Big 3 upgrade, then relocate the voltage sensing wire to the furthest connection point away to keep the voltage up.
    Please let me know if i made any mistakes! I'll be using it to buy and build components
    @Airdog can you take a look?
    TACOMA-AUX-WIRING-DIAGRAM-1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  14. Jan 3, 2016 at 11:37 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    The holidays finally died down enough to give me uninterrupted days in my garage installing Christmas gifts. <br />First order of business was replacing my water pump for my shower.<br />https://youtu.be/6wnvuyPCYB4<br />[​IMG]<br />old pump was free, but has left me halfway through a shower nekkid in the middle of camp more than once because it couldn't self prime. Now I can pull 9' of dry line and it cycles to keep pressure up rather than burning up when I shut off the nozzle.<br /><br />Next up was my rtt project ive been dreaming of.<br />Plan was to wire electric heat into the bed, and provide a source of power to charge phones etc.<br />Power will come from a removable 12v plug I have hard wired into the bed. Goes to relay / fuse box which finally provides a very small switch box that will go inside the tent once opened. Couldn't make anything small enough to permanently mount inside tent while folded. <br />Used my 3d printer to print out my fuse holders. I've got the file if anyone wants it and I've got plenty of these little things left over if anyone's got a use for them.<br />[​IMG]<br />Test run came out great<br />[​IMG]<br />when in doubt make a dozen<br />[​IMG]<br />[​IMG]<br />3d printing is kinda the coolest shit I've ever seen in my whole life.<br />[​IMG]<br />This mess worked great for 8 hours straight, no overheating after I cut out all the bullshit Chinese wiring harness the seat heaters came with. I realize why car fires are so common after cutting their harness apart to do it properly.<br />[​IMG]<br />Pissed my little timer relay is broken... Previously it was the brain for a little toy I made that would honk the horn when you hit the brakes on any car you plugged it into. I was planning on re programming it and using it to cycle the seat heaters on and off to keep the amp draw down overnight (stock battery setup problems)<br />[​IMG]<br />Final -ish product. Just gotta put on the wire loom and enclose the boxes.<br />[​IMG]<br />Main fuse terminal with LED to see when power is on.<br />[​IMG]<br />User control box. Once enclosed it'll only have the usb chargers and seat heater switch exposed.<br />[​IMG]<br /><br />Four seat heaters. Mediocre Chinese parts. Will likely replace with an actual 12v heating blanket. The wiring harness I made will handle 20 Amps before starting to heat up. <br /><br />Really hope I can drop this whole post into my build thread I don't want to re type this.

15. Jan 8, 2016 at 9:43 AM
    Bman4X5

Bman4X5 There is no substitute for square inches.

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    Upland CA
    Vehicle:
    '15 AC/OR
    Bilstein, Dakar/Icon, Prinsu, CBI, Pelfreybilt, Tepui
    Where in BB is this?

16. Jan 8, 2016 at 9:49 AM
    12TRDTacoma

12TRDTacoma Powered by Ford, GM, VW, and Mercedes

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Concordia
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 Supercharged
    Boosted
    Sub'd for the Rugged Fails.

Lulz. The entire 1st page was all about ditching the tires and OP was totally lost in the sauce about it all. :D

Nice rig OP. Looks leaps and bounds better over stock.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    Spencer[OP] likes this.
  17. Jan 10, 2016 at 12:38 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Haha I've learned a whole lot from day one. Also learned 285/75 doesn't fit. Also screw these Kevlar tires don't bother with em

12TRDTacoma[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Jan 10, 2016 at 12:40 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Thanks!

Jim Bob likes this.
  19. Jan 10, 2016 at 12:40 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Thanks!

20. Jan 10, 2016 at 12:50 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    uploadfromtaptalk1452415433209.jpg
    More to come! 6th annual superstition meet

Products Discussed in

To Top