1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Zombie Response Vehicle

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Spencer, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Nov 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    BajaRunner

BajaRunner Rock magnet

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Chino Hills, CA
    Vehicle:
    12 4wd DC Tacoma TRD OR
    I got the tire warranties through the installer Allen Tire Co. they're on Imperial in Yorba Linda. BTW great shop, I'll be using them here on out when I order another set. Your other option is to get the warranties through tire crawler at purchase on the website. These tires are tough, I've taken them through an ugly rock garden at 13 psi in Big Bear and they are unscathed. I take my truck to Firestone over on Butterfield Ranch for alignments. The guy over there knows how to set the the caster, toe in and camber on our trucks without having to tell him. I paid a one time $99 to get free alignments as long as I own the truck.

I ran Pilot Rock a few weeks ago and it was a fun trail. I'm thinking of running it again next Sunday. Let me know if you're interested in going?

2. Nov 26, 2013 at 10:39 PM
    Spencer

Spencer [OP] Future President

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Upland, Chino... all of 909.
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 6cyl Sex Machine
    Redline hood lift, Flyzeye cabin lights, tailgate lock, SPOD Power block, VIAR onboard air, Cobra CB radio, Firestick 4' Antenna, Hot Blonde CoPilot Mod, SIX 9" Hella 4000 HID conversion with external 55W ballasts, Six 6" LED bars, Napier Bed Tent, Mudflaps delete using rocks, Roof rack by Brute force, Rock sliders by Brute force, Bed LED lights, Underhood LED automatic lights, Constant 12V bed plug, Rugged race radio, ICON uniball UCA's, KING 2.5 700 rate coilovers, Deaver rear leaf springs, KING 2.5 resi rear shocks (Flat 0.15 stack on compression shims), Scangauge, Empty wallet Mod Bug disease, AllPro Apex front bumper, On board heat exchange shower & water pump (Heater Core intercept mod), On Board Air - Viair for now, ARB when it dies-, allpro Skids back to gas tank- Tepui RTT on the shittiest "Bed Rack" ever made.... AllPro U Bolt flip kit with timbren bumps NEXT UP- expo leafs & bed rack, hydraulic bumps in rear, Total Chaos stock LCA's w/ Bypass, Rear 12" shock hoop relocate
    Aw it's almost been a whole month since my last mod...
    Well that was long enough.
    1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers to fit the 285/75/16 wrangler mt/r with Kevlar coming soon.

Only doing this as a band-aid until I swap these rims for beadlocks that will be the right size back spacing without spacers. Stay tuned I'll sell em soon.
    Got 4 spacers because rear tires were very close to the 2.5 kings.
    My buddy has 2" icons & doesn't look like rear rubbing is an issue for him, but will be for me with the new tires on the stock rims.

;)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385534130.436694.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385534141.884772.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385534151.151741.jpg

Cab mount chop coming soon as well as pinch weld smashing for clearance.

3. Nov 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    BajaRunner

BajaRunner Rock magnet

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Chino Hills, CA
    Vehicle:
    12 4wd DC Tacoma TRD OR
    I had to do 1.25 wheel spacers also for the tires to clear the resi's. So I know it's only been a short time, but hows the ride with the new Deaver leaf packs?

4. Nov 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Redline hood lift, Flyzeye cabin lights, tailgate lock, SPOD Power block, VIAR onboard air, Cobra CB radio, Firestick 4' Antenna, Hot Blonde CoPilot Mod, SIX 9" Hella 4000 HID conversion with external 55W ballasts, Six 6" LED bars, Napier Bed Tent, Mudflaps delete using rocks, Roof rack by Brute force, Rock sliders by Brute force, Bed LED lights, Underhood LED automatic lights, Constant 12V bed plug, Rugged race radio, ICON uniball UCA's, KING 2.5 700 rate coilovers, Deaver rear leaf springs, KING 2.5 resi rear shocks (Flat 0.15 stack on compression shims), Scangauge, Empty wallet Mod Bug disease, AllPro Apex front bumper, On board heat exchange shower & water pump (Heater Core intercept mod), On Board Air - Viair for now, ARB when it dies-, allpro Skids back to gas tank- Tepui RTT on the shittiest "Bed Rack" ever made.... AllPro U Bolt flip kit with timbren bumps NEXT UP- expo leafs & bed rack, hydraulic bumps in rear, Total Chaos stock LCA's w/ Bypass, Rear 12" shock hoop relocate
    Don't even get me FKING started.
    I have a full TWO INCH taco lean. Drivers side is lower than stock was, passenger side is closer to where it should be.
    The fuckin shackle brace things that attach all along the leaf slam up into my frame and the rear shocks, so I'm slamming into the leaf before the bump stop ever hits (which I've only got about three inches between the bump stop and the striker plate)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385623480.661322.jpg
    AND
    4wheel parts sold me the OEM king shocks, which do not extend the full 3" of droop that the deavers can sink down to.

I've already called & they said uhh take them in & we'll fix em...
    I've also gotten my paws on a GoPro & mounted it up next to the frame so you'll have good video of the clusterfuck that is my rear suspension.

5. Nov 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM
    tacodane

tacodane The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build

Member:
    First Name:
    Dane
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma Prerunner SR5
    Led Interior Lights AFE CAI Stage II, Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler Snugtop Cab-Hi shell TRS Retrofitted Headlights
    great build man. wish I had the cash your dropping. lol sub'd

6. Nov 28, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Oh also did you get full 285/75's?
    If so did you need to do the cab mount chop?

7. Nov 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    BajaRunner

BajaRunner Rock magnet

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Chino Hills, CA
    Vehicle:
    12 4wd DC Tacoma TRD OR
    Adjust your driver side coilover so it has 1/4 more thread showing than the passenger side. That should help with the taco lean.

Yeah mine are 285/75/16. I had to do the cab mount chop and I had to trim the back of the fender. I still need to get my truck realigned properly with the caster maxed out. Last alignment I had done was at 4wheelparts in riverside and they didn't do it right, so I still rub a little on the back of the flare.

8. Nov 29, 2013 at 12:27 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Should help, agreed. But there's no way it could fix a two inch difference. I'd understand a half inch ish because the drivers side really is just alot heavier. Taco lean, sure. But 2"? And sagging lower than stock? Noooo thank you. Deaver is taking this shit back and fixing it.

9. Nov 29, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385763795.109978.jpg
    Happy holidays everyone!
    Haha

10. Dec 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386037210.048821.jpg
    Wrangler Kevlar 285/75/16
    Aww yiss

11. Dec 2, 2013 at 6:29 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    looking good :D

12. Dec 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM
    !TacoTaco!

!TacoTaco! TACO LOVER!

Member:
    First Name:
    Felix
    PSL, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner TRD SR5 Sport
    Removed coal filter, Also installed AFE air filter. Roof rack with custom diamond plate air diverter.
    Looks awesome, love the roof rack.

13. Dec 3, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386140256.461589.jpg

Anyone want em?
    285/70/R16
    15,500 miles on em.
    Great for street, light offroad.
    Not for me, however.

100$ or best offer.
    Or beer. Eh.
    Lemme know

14. Dec 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM
    CayucosTacoma

CayucosTacoma Just think outside the Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Luis Obispo/San Jose
    Vehicle:
    2004 Double Cab 4x4
    Specs in the Build Thread
    If only I had 16's

15. Dec 4, 2013 at 12:04 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    JUST STRETCH EM OVER THE 17'S IT'LL WORK LOL

16. Dec 4, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Poor angel is having a bad day...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386179588.194309.jpg

Duct tape & she's good to go! Lol
    I'm amazed how well this tree has held up. Needles haven't even fallen off.

17. Dec 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Here's the fucking incredible quality ride you get with Deaver springs
    http://youtu.be/raWhuTdAyGA
    Notice the huge gains in travel between the bump stop.
    Hint
    There is none.

18. Dec 5, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    CayucosTacoma

CayucosTacoma Just think outside the Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Luis Obispo/San Jose
    Vehicle:
    2004 Double Cab 4x4
    Specs in the Build Thread
    was 15" rims lol

19. Dec 5, 2013 at 9:40 AM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    Played in the mud
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386264725.866904.jpg
    Watched the sun set in Barstow
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386264830.500293.jpg
    Made damn good use of my mud terrains
    There's a badger there around 4 min
    http://youtu.be/yfZtAfMHKeE

20. Dec 8, 2013 at 1:44 PM
    Spencer

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Vehicle:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386538930.327631.jpg
    Put my automatic fender removers to use...
    Ripped off the drivers side under flex & turns.
    Sad. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386539029.394544.jpg
    But hey a little beer & a camp fire were good to go.

Gonna spend alot of time smashing pinch welds & cutting out those fender wells...
    Anyone know how to plug the holes in the body? I'm leaving the fenders off

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386538857.244800.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top