1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB and towing capabilities

Discussion in 'Towing' started by texastacobueno, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Feb 9, 2010 at 6:25 PM
    texastacobueno

texastacobueno [OP] Effin A Cotton, Effin A

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    College Station, Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Sport
    Pop N Lock - Westin sportsman guard - Hella 500 fogs - extra D-rings - Mag Lite mounts
    Well, I called my dealer and having the TSB is an option but before I do I've really been wondering. Is it necessary? I mostly sit on the tailgate and my wife and I sleep in the back when camping. I have a homemade rack I also put in the back to hold my 2 kayaks. I've pulled a trailer once, but it was just to move it and was not loaded. The only reason I'm thinkin of having it done is because I hate the sag when I'm chillin on the tailgate or just hanging out. Will the TSB help me with this? If i do the TSB then I'm gonna have to do somethin tot he front, and thats where warranty issues start to fly around. so what do you think?

2. Feb 9, 2010 at 6:29 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Get the TSB done. It will lift the rear about 1in but that settles. It will also solve all of your sagging issues plus you get a much better ride from the Bilstins.

3. Feb 11, 2010 at 2:05 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    He already has the bilsteins, he has the trd sport model.

The TSB will make the rear stiffer, it will change your ride quality a little bit also and it does raise the rear about an inch. I've had mine for over a year, I haul a quad in the bed frequently and tow on occasion and it has not settled much, the rear is still higher than the front. You do not have to do anything to the front, it's personal preference if you want to level it out.

Look at the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act in reference to warranty issues.

4. Feb 11, 2010 at 3:24 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Get the TSB done...you won't regret it.

I don't really haul/tow anything. I got it done because I haul mulch(full scoop) once a year and I know the original leaf pak wouldn't handle it. Plus - ya never know when you'll wanna tow/haul something. You're far better off having the upgraded springs now......and not wish you had them later.

The springs will settle. I had about 200lbs of weight in my bed for a couple months (it was the winter) after my TSB was done. It settled nicely and barely any rake at all. My front suspension is still stock. This is what it looks like with the TSB & stock front suspension (after settling).

[​IMG]

I love the slight rake it has.... It's a truck, it should have a rake.

5. Feb 11, 2010 at 3:30 AM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.
    Git 'er Dun! You won't regret it!

6. Feb 11, 2010 at 3:47 AM
    ShadowFalken

ShadowFalken Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    10 Off Road
    Raptor stainless bars, Wet Okole covers, RollBak bed cover, PopNLock, Redline hood struts, XM radio factory kit
    When the TSB is properly done, it includes a complete front end alignment. Lifting the back of the truck will change caster and that is a stability/return to center angle. Caster is the angle, top to bottom, through the pivots of the front steering as viewed from the side. Typically, the steeper the angle the faster the steering responds but the less stable or desire to stay on track the vehicle is. The shallower the angle the more the vehicle wants to stay in a straight line. Think about motorcycles and look at the front fork. Choppers have a shallow angle and like to go straight while sport bikes are steep, corner like crazy and can be easily flicked from side to side.

HTH

7. Feb 11, 2010 at 4:30 AM
    MAS_KY_TACOMA

MAS_KY_TACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Bullitt County, KY - USA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
    LEER 100XL w/Thule Bars 17" TRD Pro Gunmetals 265/70/17 Michelin LTX AT2's
    I had my springs updated last week and would highly recommend it. I think the raised rear end is rather cool looking, plus you 'll have a capable hauling/towing machine.

8. Feb 11, 2010 at 4:32 AM
    texastacobueno

texastacobueno [OP] Effin A Cotton, Effin A

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    College Station, Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Sport
    Pop N Lock - Westin sportsman guard - Hella 500 fogs - extra D-rings - Mag Lite mounts
    well I had it done yesterday, and today I ordered eibach springs and Bilstein 5100 shocks all around, now I'm hopin it doesnt settle to much!

Products Discussed in

To Top