1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

taco growl

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by 17hmrtaco, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Jun 9, 2010 at 8:57 PM
    17hmrtaco

17hmrtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jake
    Vehicle:
    03 4wd 4door black
    rims,2.5 lift
    does anyone know of any good exaust systems for a 03 4 door taco that wont brake the bank but will sound really good

2. Jun 9, 2010 at 9:04 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
  3. Jun 10, 2010 at 6:22 AM
    lazaro

lazaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garry
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC BSP 4X4 TRD Off-road
    Stainless Nfab Steps painted black, Acces Tonneau cover, LED dome and map lights, Weathertech floor mats, EGR slimline visors, Wicked Flow 13 mufflers, ultragauge and 4X4 illuminated switch mod, receiver shackle from Timichi and Redline QL plus hood struts.
    17 hmr,

I would suggest reading/listening the sound compilation thread. That is where I started. Still we are here to help you out brother.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/14558-sound-clip-compilation-thread.html

Theres a lot of good folks who have posted the exhaust sound on their truck. Next is you tube got a lot of videos about this. I know some may not be of good quality but some are very decent.

Assuming you have done all of the above, the bottom line is it will e you who will determine the best sound in your own hearing perception. A lot of us here will have different opinion on the best and bestest;).

Personally I got a 5X8X18 magnaflow OC 2.5 pipes. Just the muffler welded in replacement of the OEM. Nice sound at start up, not raspy. deep and throaty. Step on the gas and it growls. No perceptable drone at cruising speed (55 to 65 mph) becomes more pronounced at 70 mph and beyond. I am happy with it but it cost me $ 245 otd from midas, they supplied the muffler.

Now a couple of weeks ago there was group buy for Bear River Converters selling Wickedflow Exhaust system. I got to be honest I was floored by the quality of sound this things make. I think they got the whole deal at $ 75 to your door. (Bear River converters are good people to deal with.) Have a local muff shop weld it for you ( 50 to 90 bucks) and you got a good straight flow designed muff that will rival any name brand performance muffs out there.

http://www.bearriverconverters.com/

I have to confess I bought one and it arrived yesterday. Maybe just maybe I will find time to change my Magnaflow to WICKED FLOW :devil:
    Keep looking and I wish you get a good exhaust that will do justice to these wonderful tacomas. Good luck brother.;)

4. Jun 10, 2010 at 6:28 AM
    ShaShasBoo

ShaShasBoo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Lexington, KY
    Vehicle:
    06 DC Prerunner
    lazaro, maybe when you put your wicked flow on, he would be interested in your magnaflo.

5. Jun 10, 2010 at 6:34 AM
    hheil001

hheil001 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    hunter
    baton rouge LA
    Vehicle:
    08 prerunner sport
    spin tech exhaust, K and N cold air intake, painted emblems black
    spin tech... loud at high rpm's and fairly quiet at cruising rpm's. i love mine and it was about $160 with shipping and everything

6. Jun 10, 2010 at 6:53 AM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    Take off your muffler ten finger discount

7. Jun 10, 2010 at 7:08 AM
    lazaro

lazaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garry
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC BSP 4X4 TRD Off-road
    Stainless Nfab Steps painted black, Acces Tonneau cover, LED dome and map lights, Weathertech floor mats, EGR slimline visors, Wicked Flow 13 mufflers, ultragauge and 4X4 illuminated switch mod, receiver shackle from Timichi and Redline QL plus hood struts.
    That is a possibility. Hmmm...

Here are some pics of the Wicked Flow. I wish I could get under the truck now to get the pics of the Magnaflow installed. I have to take care of my baby girl today. LOL, this sir is my day off. :eek:

[​IMG]

028_9f4bc6064d389c3db982759552509086dc1afd27.jpg

[​IMG]

It is the Max 13SC250.
    This is my favorite clip. Guy is cool and funny.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pLBrIK6428

Products Discussed in

To Top