Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Trowbocop's SR5 Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #241
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know! What's your rear setup? Also, I know I've seen it before, but what size tires are you running? Do you have a diff drop installed? I've got one laying around I might install with the 883s
Old 08-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #242
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
Good to know! What's your rear setup? Also, I know I've seen it before, but what size tires are you running? Do you have a diff drop installed? I've got one laying around I might install with the 883s
im on a worn out spring pack with an AAL and crap 5100s. making a new leaf pack in a couple weeks though. the rear has never been as smooth or responsive as the 883s. i will say i do run the older and softer OME N91 shock rather than the new sports so that might help in my case.

i do not have a diff drop as they dont truly drop the diff, only rotate it IMO. its something to consider if you have vibration issues, which i do not. i recently changed my tires. had 235/85/16s but now run a 255/75/17. both are classified as 32" tires, although the 255s are C rated compared to the old E rated 235s, thus smoothing the ride a bit in themselves.
In the Rain Forest by bspringli photography, on Flickr
Old 08-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #243
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Solid, thanks for the input. Just read on TTORA someone had the 883s sans armor, and it shook everything loose in their dash/ cab. Have you experienced excess rattling, or does this happen to you?

Thinking of installing my 883s + 10mm lift enhancer tomorrow!
Old 08-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #244
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

they were firm but once broken in they really smoothed out. i dont have any real rattles either. like i said before, the shocks could make the difference. everyone also has different preferences. i really like how my front rides.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #245
Toyota Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattnum View Post
Hey Mike,

Did you get the 883 + spacer installed in front? Any pictures?

This was a fun thread to read through.

Still haven't pulled the trigger on a lift yet. I've been going back and forth between OME 881 + Dakar, or 882 + Dakar + AAL or shackles.

Your pictures with the 881 looked like a decent height, but in later posts you said it sagged too much for your liking. Can you guess as to how much vs your pictures?

Thanks man.
Measured fenders again today: 37" in the front and 40.5" in the rear. I guess they didn't sag too much, but I was really stoked on the pre-broken in height haha. Either that, or I'm just used to my height and am ready for a bit of a boost. Also, I've got a monster rake right now, but it performs so well with a full bed loaded on trails, I don't mind it.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #246
He gotta real perty mouth aint he
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Where did ya score the Kobalt box? And how much if ya don't mind....
Nice build by the way...
Old 08-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #248
He gotta real perty mouth aint he
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks..
Old 09-11-2014, 01:52 PM   #249
Toyota Addict

Planning a Pacific NW trip in the upcoming months.

Now in the market for a camper shell and racks for my girlfriend and my surf boards and bikes. Going to build a sleeping platform and under storage in the bed.

Might be selling the toolbox with gas can mounts to fund the trip pending interest...

I've never been to the PNW, but I'm stoked! Places on the list, Tahoe, Redwoods, Portland, Spokane, BC, Glacier National Park, Boise..etc.

Will keep updated as plans develop.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #250
Professional Web Wheeler

Quote:
Planning a Pacific NW trip in the upcoming months.

Now in the market for a camper shell and racks for my girlfriend and my surf boards and bikes. Going to build a sleeping platform and under storage in the bed.

Might be selling the toolbox with gas can mounts to fund the trip pending interest...

I've never been to the PNW, but I'm stoked! Places on the list, Tahoe, Redwoods, Portland, Spokane, BC, Glacier National Park, Boise..etc.

Will keep updated as plans develop.
I'm an hour outside of Spokane. Let me know it you are coming through!
Old 09-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #251
Toyota Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
I'm an hour outside of Spokane. Let me know it you are coming through!
Awesome! Will do. Will most likely make a thread, and see if anyone wants to meet up and hit a trail along the way.

Honestly, we're scouting areas to move to, something like a smaller town with plenty of outdoor activities at our disposal. We're sick of the grind of SoCal.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:42 PM   #252
Professional Web Wheeler

Quote:
Awesome! Will do. Will most likely make a thread, and see if anyone wants to meet up and hit a trail along the way.

Honestly, we're scouting areas to move to, something like a smaller town with plenty of outdoor activities at our disposal. We're sick of the grind of SoCal.
You'll like Coeur d alene a lot better than Spokane it's only 30 miles east of Spokane too.

Keep me posted!
Old 09-11-2014, 02:43 PM   #253
Professional Web Wheeler

Don't forget that in the coming months, temps will drop and chances of running into snow increases!
Old 09-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #255
Toyota Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
You'll like Coeur d alene a lot better than Spokane it's only 30 miles east of Spokane too.

Keep me posted!
Funny you say that, one of my buddies I met in Utah is from there. Yeah, we realize the weather situation, would like to take off within this month if possible!

If we don't get out before the winter, we've got a while to wait for the snow to melt, my sanity can't wait that long!

Thanks for the input guys!
Old 09-12-2014, 04:16 PM   #256
Toyota Addict

Dates are locked in with work: October 6th- 13th! Planning on stopping by Tahoe for a night, then somewhere in the Redwoods, Oregon for a night or so, Washington for a night or so, then up to Vancouver, and over then down through Montana, and possibly down through Idaho & Utah, then back to LA.

Either make a big loop like that, or head up, over to MT, then back to the coast and down.

off to
Old 09-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #258
Professional Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Left out the best state.
Idaho was in there
Old 09-12-2014, 10:58 PM   #259
Toyota Addict

Haha, I know Monte, if CO (my home state) was in the plans we would definitely be going through WY. We probably won't have time to hit up Utah, and will probably only see Couer d'Alene if we make it to Spokane.

Topper hunting is in full season. Trying to lock something down this weekend and start to build my sleeping platform. The guy is sending me pics of the Century tomorrow morning, most likely while I'm at 2 different shell shops hoping for a used one. The Century isn't carpeted, it is water tight, and it has a dome light. He is looking to sell it for $175. Might be too good to pass up :unsure:

This is what I'd like, but new is pretty spendy. Turns out to be just shy of $1300 with tax and carpeted interior.

Old 09-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #260
Toyota Addict

Getting pretty annoyed by my driveline vibes, might order some axle shims to counter that prior to the trip.

List of items pending to prep truck for trip:

Herculiner

finally get around to wiring cb, it's been mounted for almost 2 ys now..

relocate diff breathers

spray all my rusty parts (sliders & where they mount to parts of frame)

oil change and inspection

build sleeping platform

Products Discussed in this Thread