Old 03-11-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
Littlebro 5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Littlebro 5's Tacoma Gallery
How do you get the corner marker lights out on a 01 tacoma

?
Old 03-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
There is only one screw holding them in. It attaches the marker light to the top of the grill surround. After removing that screw slide/pull the housing straight forward. Sometime it'll be stiff or difficult to slide forward. Once you get it moved about an inch it'll come out easily. Then you'll see the two lower guide pins that keep it from moving from side to side.

Be sure to only move it forward and not side to side, its easy to break the plastic guides.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
I just dealt with this the other day to replace the marker bulb. I found it was easiest to take the screw out and then kinda wiggle it out a little bit and then grab the edge of the light (between the fender and the light) and pull straight out. It feels like the damn thing is gonna break, but it will pop out, just go slow.

Hope this helps.

I wish they would have kept the design that my 95 taco had (with the screws on the outside of the housing).

Digiratus, I see you're in the NW, where abouts?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Probably not too far from you. I work in Newcastle and live in Kent. And you?
Live in Seattle, work in Shoreline.

BTW my truck is your stock twin, canopy and all
Old 03-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #7
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
This is just a dealer photo, haven't taken any good pics yet due to the weather.

The only difference now is that i took the mud flaps off and put some 2000 4Runner sport wheels with some 265/75/16 Goodyear MT/R's.

Trying to decide if I want to keep the 265's and do a real mild lift or if I should get some CO's and do 285's.

Sorry to jack your thread Littlebro 5
Old 03-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #8
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHPTR11 View Post
This is just a dealer photo, haven't taken any good pics yet due to the weather.

The only difference now is that i took the mud flaps off and put some 2000 4Runner sport wheels with some 265/75/16 Goodyear MT/R's.

Trying to decide if I want to keep the 265's and do a real mild lift or if I should get some CO's and do 285's.

Sorry to jack your thread Littlebro 5
Very nice! Love the color. It reminds me very much of mine when it was all stock. Careful dude, its a slippery slope. One little mod leads to another and another until before you know it you spent a lot of money on your truck.

Do you have the3.4L or the 2.7L? The TRDs with the v6 come with 4.10 gears which can handle to larger tires. Not sure about the 4-banger though.

Sorry about the thread jack OP.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #9
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Very nice! Love the color. It reminds me very much of mine when it was all stock. Careful dude, its a slippery slope. One little mod leads to another and another until before you know it you spent a lot of money on your truck.

Do you have the3.4L or the 2.7L? The TRDs with the v6 come with 4.10 gears which can handle to larger tires. Not sure about the 4-banger though.

Yeah I'm know all too well about the slippery slope with trucks. You can check my intro thread to see my last two:http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...w-guy-pnw.html

The bagged reg cab was a money pit and a half, and the SS was mostly stock, but still managed to drain my bank account with its 13 mpg.

The taco is a 3.4 manual, I'm just more worried about the cv's and such with a 3" lift.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Yeah I'm know all too well about the slippery slope with trucks. You can check my intro thread to see my last two:http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...w-guy-pnw.html

The bagged reg cab was a money pit and a half, and the SS was mostly stock, but still managed to drain my bank account with its 13 mpg.

The taco is a 3.4 manual, I'm just more worried about the cv's and such with a 3" lift.
A legit concern. I went with SAWs so I didn't have to go the full 3".
Old 03-11-2011, 11:33 PM   #11
Littlebro 5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Littlebro 5's Tacoma Gallery
Ok cool thanks yeah I broke the pins but it's no gig deal just trying to get the moister out
Old 03-12-2011, 12:32 AM   #12
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebro 5 View Post
Ok cool thanks yeah I broke the pins but it's no gig deal just trying to get the moister out
I have the same problem in passenger marker lens, I just took it out and set it in the oven on the lowest setting with the door open. You don't have to use the oven to dry it out, I just wanted it done quicker.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #13
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

The 2.7's have 4.56's

Quote:

I have the 5100's and eibachs at 0 and my cv's handle it fine, i gained a full 3"
Oh an nice chevy's, my second truck of choice