Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2003 Dash lights

Old 01-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
takamineman is on a distinguished road
Name: greg
takamineman's Tacoma Gallery
2003 Dash lights

My dash lights have gone out (like alot of others on here) and I was looking for a thread that shows how to get the dash out to replace the lights. I saw a couple with the dash already out, but nothing on the how to. If it's self explanatory, feel free to tell me so...I just kinda like to know what I'm up against before I start a project! Thanks, Greg
Old 01-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #3
Thanks Tyler! Can't believe I just now found this forum! That article is exactly what I needed! I'm gonna be sure and check all the fuses but I want to change the light color anyway, so that link will come in handy! Thanks again!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
Yours look great! So much easier on the eyes than the orange!!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
01Yota is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
01Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you buy your leds from? And if I wanted to make mine white all I would have to do is put in white 360 leds and it'd be white?
Old 01-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
ratso is on a distinguished road
ratso's Tacoma Gallery
Dash lights looks good did you change the light behind the ac?
Old 01-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #8
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Yota View Post
Where do you buy your leds from? And if I wanted to make mine white all I would have to do is put in white 360 leds and it'd be white?

superbrightleds.com and yes.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #9
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Yota View Post
yea superbrightleds.com BUT your stock lights have an orange "condom" on them creating the amber light. You might wanna just take that off (its super easy) and see if the resulting light is white enough for ya.. if not get the LEDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratso View Post
Dash lights looks good did you change the light behind the ac?
thanks, no because the reason they are amber is from a film on the panel itself, not the bulb IMO. you can remove the film, but I tried that and it was a dissaster lol
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...plate-mod.html
Old 01-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #10
How many lights does it take for the instrunment cluster and how many for the climate control panel? I want to make sure I have enough before I take it apart!
Old 01-19-2015, 11:26 AM   #12
03TacomaLimited is on a distinguished road
03TacomaLimited's Tacoma Gallery
So where can I get some decent leds for a better price? And will any 194 bulb fit?
Old 01-25-2015, 09:17 PM   #13
roly6two is on a distinguished road
roly6two's Tacoma Gallery
This thread help me out and here is the result.
Attached Thumbnails
2003 Dash lights-image.jpg  
Old 01-26-2015, 06:35 AM   #14
JoeyDel will become famous soon enough
Name: Joe
JoeyDel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03TacomaLimited View Post
So where can I get some decent leds for a better price? And will any 194 bulb fit?
I just replaced my lights with leds when one light died but because of a mistake I made or maybe a loose connection I had to do some trouble shooting.

I had no dash lights after replacing them so a trip to my auto parts guy and he recommended replacing all the bulbs with standard bulbs and work from there. He had some 193's in a box of 10 for something like $4. He told me they were not as bright as the 194's but would work to help trouble shoot. When I put them in I made sure all my plugs were snug and the wires were actually pushed into the plugs. The lights all came on and I actually liked the look, they were still bright enough because the bulbs didn't have those orange condoms in them but the gauges were a nice soft white and a lot easier to look at with my old eyes.

Well I had $25 in amber led bulbs sitting there and I was going to use them. The amber leds look nice also but to be honest I would have been happy with the 193's at a fraction of the cost. In my situation where I was looking for better visibility the cheaper option was fine, if you are looking for a color, leds would be the way to go though.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:40 PM   #15
BAMF TACO
Lostoam311 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
Lostoam311's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Lostoam311 Send a message via Skype™ to Lostoam311
I just got my blue LED's... just looks like a couple screws, but I'm sure it'll turn into more than that... any clips I should be careful around or any other useful tips would be helpful! Also, is there a right or wrong way to put these LED's in? I thought with some it mattered which way you put em in... I would hate to replace them, then not work and have to take apart my dash again!
slow day at the shop today, so might pull my truck in and knock it out!