Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2003 Dash lights

Old 01-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
takamineman is on a distinguished road
Name: greg
takamineman's Tacoma Gallery
2003 Dash lights

My dash lights have gone out (like alot of others on here) and I was looking for a thread that shows how to get the dash out to replace the lights. I saw a couple with the dash already out, but nothing on the how to. If it's self explanatory, feel free to tell me so...I just kinda like to know what I'm up against before I start a project! Thanks, Greg
Old 01-06-2012, 04:24 AM   #3
Thanks Tyler! Can't believe I just now found this forum! That article is exactly what I needed! I'm gonna be sure and check all the fuses but I want to change the light color anyway, so that link will come in handy! Thanks again!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
Yours look great! So much easier on the eyes than the orange!!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
01Yota is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
01Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you buy your leds from? And if I wanted to make mine white all I would have to do is put in white 360 leds and it'd be white?
Old 01-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #7
ratso is on a distinguished road
ratso's Tacoma Gallery
Dash lights looks good did you change the light behind the ac?
Old 01-07-2012, 07:10 AM   #8
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Yota View Post
Where do you buy your leds from? And if I wanted to make mine white all I would have to do is put in white 360 leds and it'd be white?

superbrightleds.com and yes.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #9
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Yota View Post
yea superbrightleds.com BUT your stock lights have an orange "condom" on them creating the amber light. You might wanna just take that off (its super easy) and see if the resulting light is white enough for ya.. if not get the LEDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratso View Post
Dash lights looks good did you change the light behind the ac?
thanks, no because the reason they are amber is from a film on the panel itself, not the bulb IMO. you can remove the film, but I tried that and it was a dissaster lol
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...plate-mod.html
Old 01-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #10
How many lights does it take for the instrunment cluster and how many for the climate control panel? I want to make sure I have enough before I take it apart!