Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What size front axle Should i use for 4x4 swap

Old 01-06-2012, 05:39 AM   #1
SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!
SargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
SargeSlapnuts's Tacoma Gallery
What size front axle Should i use for 4x4 swap

well just wondering what axle would bolt directly or almost directly into my truck as im swapping it over to 4wd. just gotta make sure i can re-gear and lock the axle as well. would any 1996-2004 front axle work for this?

also anyone who can point me in the direction of some manual locking hubs for the front end would be a huge help.

thanks
Sarge
Old 01-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
Galt/Rearden 2012
whatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the rough
whatatoy's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if I can answer your question, but here is the SAS section of TW:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/solid-axle-suspension/

This guy is selling Dana's and some of the other comments are helpful...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/solid-axle-suspension/187345-dana-axles.html

Does this help?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
SargeSlapnuts 보고용의!!!!
SargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shedSargeSlapnuts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
SargeSlapnuts's Tacoma Gallery
thanks but let me clarify im sticking with the toyota factory ifs in the front. im just not sure what axle i would need and what tacos had them so i can find one.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
Galt/Rearden 2012
whatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the roughwhatatoy is a jewel in the rough
whatatoy's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I guess that wasn't that clear - thought you wanted an SAS - I sure do, but it's expensive - check out this thread - prerunner to 4x4 swap - might help out:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-4x4-swap.html