Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Converting a Prerunner to 4x4

Old 01-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
Mxer256 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Converting a Prerunner to 4x4

I have been talking to a guy about getting a bumper built for my truck and he does a lot of solid axle swapping and 4x4 conversions. Before i talk to him about converting to 4x4 i know you need a transmission, transfer case, spindles, cv axles, ect. well instead of doing the shifters inside i want to keep that stock and was wondering if it is possible to just do manual locking hubs to prevent from having to alter the interior shifter? have been trying to find a lot of forums but havent had much luck with follow ups on it. But in the process of getting a plate bumper made and will try to get on this after that
Old 01-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
There is a big thread on this already. If you use the search you can find the build. There was a lot of fab work involved and they used a crawl box as well. No manual hubs unless you go to a SAS i think.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
http://www.rocksolidtoys.com/forum/s...ght=conversion

Here is the link for it.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
Duck Fan
SalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SalemCBR's Tacoma Gallery

I know there is a member here that has a converted prerunner with manual hubs.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 swap with manual locking hubs
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post3087109
Old 01-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
I read your year wrong man. Sorry for the wrong gen 4x swap.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #7

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemCBR View Post

I know there is a member here that has a converted prerunner with manual hubs.
Yeah i know i cant seem to find it anymore!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #8

Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
I read your year wrong man. Sorry for the wrong gen 4x swap.
Its no problem...sick link you sent though lol
Old 01-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #9
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Did you see the link I posted? alove0750 is the member on here who did the swap. I will say if you have a solid axle plan in the future bypass the ifs 4x4 conversion, it will just be wasted money unless it's in the way far future.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #10
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ion-build.html
Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #11
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
You can but youll still have to cut out the floor for the transfer case
Old 01-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ttora.com/wiki/index.php/...ive_conversion
http://www.ttora.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

not sure what difference for your year would be but heres the links Ive been using to get my conversion going