Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Is my 04 2.7 4x4 auto worth anything?

Old 07-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Is my 04 2.7 4x4 auto worth anything?

So, this oughta get some slaps to the forehead here... my 04 tacoma has 205,000 miles on it and looks pretty good, and aside from some pulsating brakes runs like the day I drove it off the lot in the fall of 2003. Only problem is the frame is severely rusted and I have missed the service bulletin deadline. It's rusted so badly that there are holes in the frame at least the size of a golfball at the forward leaf shackles. I'm an idiot, they inspected my truck years ago and I thought that was all I needed to do. Never realized there was a coating they had to do at another time. Morel to the story, make sure you read those letters they send you! Anyway, is there any value to this vehicle anymore? The dealer is saying it's just worth scrap, but I'd rather wheel it around my yard if that is the case. I am picking up my 2013 replacement tomorrow, a v6 TRD offroad access cab.

Realistically someone with some really good fabrication skills could probably have the truck mended up in probably less than a weekend, but I don't want to deal with it. Think it's worth anything? I would imagine I could part it out, but I don't wanna deal with that either.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If it runs well, it's worth something to someone! Someone could fix it up and make a nice trail rig with it.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be out with $1000 cash this weekend?
Old 07-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Suppose that is true. I'll throw it on Craigslist and here. Great truck, never let me down.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
Master Baiter

jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
I'll be out with $1000 cash this weekend?
Make it $2000 and it's yours!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #6
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
You might get lucky posting in here..

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...rketplace.html

It is your backyard...
Old 07-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #7
Master Baiter

jethro's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take some photos tomorrow and post it up. Is it worth $2000? I imagine for scrap I can get $1000 based on the catalytic, the air bags and scrap weight alone.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #8
TooDrunkToTasteThisChicke n
TotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shedTotesMagotes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TotesMagotes's Tacoma Gallery
Holes in the frame the size of golf balls? Sounds like a pretty unsafe truck to me. Will be worth something in scrap though.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Truck aint worth crap, you better give it to me so you don't have to deal with it anymore
Old 07-02-2013, 04:13 AM   #11
Master Baiter

jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotesMagotes View Post
Holes in the frame the size of golf balls? Sounds like a pretty unsafe truck to me. Will be worth something in scrap though.
Oh, it's unsafe. It can NOT be driven as is. But I imagine it's worth something to someone. Everything still works as it should- even A/C!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #12
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro View Post
Make it $2000 and it's yours!
But I only have $2000 to spend and I still need to ship it to Iowa.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #13
Master Baiter

jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Well, this is it if you wanna save some pennies! No idea if it will sell, but I'll post in the NE board and see.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #14
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro View Post
Well, this is it if you wanna save some pennies! No idea if it will sell, but I'll post in the NE board and see.

Damn that is a good looking truck! I hope you find a replacement frame for it if you cant sell and decide to sell parts let me know