1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need help w/ 5 inch rear lift

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by what road, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Jan 29, 2014 at 11:12 PM
    what road

what road [OP] Apprentice of the Derp

Member:
    First Name:
    Dallas
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2001 tacoma sr5 trd
    alot still need done
    just bought my 2000 tacoma sr5 4x4 last month. and i realized that the rear has 5 inch lift blocks with what looks like stock leaf springs. i was wondering if i could get 3 inch lift leafs springs with a 2 inch shackle would that help me out in smoothing out the ride? cause right now it feels like the truck wants to fall apart going down my dirt road.

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/ToyTec-Adjustable-Lift-Shackles-955-04-Tacoma_p_291.html

i was thinking on getting a set of these and some 3 inch leafs. i dont carry alot of weight in the bed. but id like a relative smooth ride over rough roads and trails.

my budget is about $500 i plan on getting something like bilstein 5100 shocks when my current ones go out. thank you for any help and for reading

2. Jan 29, 2014 at 11:40 PM
    TherealScuba

TherealScuba Sober Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    99 Single Cab 4x4
    Sounds like a good plan to me.
    All-Pro sells 3" leafs and a 1.25" lift shackle to go with them.

Right now you're most likely lacking a lot of up travel which is probably leading to the harsh ride.

3. Jan 30, 2014 at 4:02 AM
    what road

Member:
    First Name:
    Dallas
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2001 tacoma sr5 trd
    alot still need done
    i figured as much on the upper travel. if the tires weren't new id go with a slightly smaller size. i got a set of 33"s on right now and i rather not trim the body.

4. Jan 30, 2014 at 10:03 AM
    tacomataco2

tacomataco2 A dude

Member:
    Mass
    Vehicle:
    15’ ACLB
    Some of this Some of that
    You can fit 33's with nothing done to the back and a little hammering up front.. No actual trimming though

5. Jan 31, 2014 at 11:44 PM
    what road

Member:
    First Name:
    Dallas
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2001 tacoma sr5 trd
    alot still need done
    after some looking around on my truck i found out the lift kit used on it.

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/54900.html

i think i'll change it from that kit to a mid travel suspension set up. if can be i'd love to keep the height still. sadly my truck doesnt have a upper control arm it still has the "piston" strut.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1s...co-me-elmo-2002-black-black-build-thread.html

i would like to get mine setup like his truck minus the baja tube bumper and the fox shocks (nothing against fox, i just think there a little pricy for me)

if anyone can link a part list for me i'd be grateful, i dont have alot of fabrication skills. but i can weld but no welder thankfully i got a friend who does have one as well as a actual vehicle lift :)

thank you all

btw on this lift kit just "hit" me was anything on the frame cut off for the new lower sub frame piece?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top