1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytec lift question

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by airbornm3, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Mar 4, 2014 at 8:55 PM
    airbornm3

airbornm3 [OP] Member

Member:
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    01 sr5
    None
    Thanks in advance for answering. Who has the most complete OME lift package? Toytec? Is the toytec lift missing shackles or anything else? Do I need to put on shackles if I am putting on new dakar springs? 881 or 883 coil for an 01double cab v6 with trail gear low profile tube bumper? Thanks

2. Mar 5, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    gman2530

gman2530 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    You get a chanced browse this thread

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacomas/141055-old-man-emu-setups-1st-gen.html

3. Mar 5, 2014 at 2:38 PM
    stikle

stikle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    The Sovereign State of Eastern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    1997 LX Xtracab 4x4 V6 3.4L
    Eh, see my Build Thread sig link. Too many mods to list.
    I believe that OME and Toytec are two different packages... Note that OME doesn't have Toytec anything in it and vice versa.

I bought the Toytec Ultimate Lift for mine.

4. Mar 5, 2014 at 4:12 PM
    Lumpskie

Lumpskie Independent Thinker

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    '96, 4x4, v6, manual hub
    Toytec 16" coilovers with Tundra Bilstein 5100s, Light Racing UCAs, Alcan Leafs with Orbit Eyes, 12" Bilstein 7100 short Bodies, ARB rear locker, 33x12.5 Duratracs, CBI sliders, Bushwacker fender flares, self made front bumper, M8000, Vision X 6.7" Hi/Lo Beam HIDs, full skids, Inchworm dual case setup - 15º clocking
    Is this the package you were looking at?

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/Old-Man-Emu-Tacoma-suspension_p_225.html

If so, you'd end up with a front and rear lift and a (worthless if you ask me) diff drop. So it would be fairly complete. The only thing you could do better is get a full rear spring pack instead of the AAL. That being said, if your current rear springs are in decent shape the AAL should work well with them.

As for longer shackles... you don't really "need" them. They will end up giving your more lift, and more extension but a longer shackle will also change your shackle angle. If you go too long, you'll end up with an almost vertical shackle instead of a shackle kicked back roughly 45 degrees. Since it sounds like you are looking for package lifts, you may want to start out with a lift and stock shackles.

Products Discussed in

To Top