Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Fog Light Mod.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #121
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
Hyper Blink

My buddy had the hyper blink only when he pushed the brake in, and mine had hyper blink even with the 921s. A simple LED resister from Autozone fixed them both. I think they are like 5 bucks each.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #122
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeSR5 View Post
lol whats with that kind of question hahahahahaaa specify it up a little more bro.
how is his light yellow
Old 11-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #123
JaimeSR5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jaime
JaimeSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk1589 View Post
how is his light yellow
which one? my headlight? if its that its a oem toyota bulb my h.i.d got busted when I got in my accident a few months back and the right corner light and the fog lights I had in the front, I had l.e.d. bulbs on my corners and my fogs where small but came in handy lol
Old 11-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #124

Quote:
how is his light yellow

stock bulbs on the corner lights should be amber, you can change there color just following state regulations
Old 11-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #125
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
The Yellow fogs is what I mean. Is it a bulb color or is the lens painted
Old 11-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #126

Quote:
The Yellow fogs is what I mean. Is it a bulb color or is the lens painted

lol its actually the bulb your corner lights are supposed to be amber/yellow bulbs thats why they are like that, they look yellow because i have the lights on lol and when they are off it goes clear again im going to change the bulbs to a different color to run them as fog lights and well the dtr hahahahaaa
Old 03-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #127
chasebrooks14 will become famous soon enoughchasebrooks14 will become famous soon enough

Name: Chase
chasebrooks14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idrivetoys View Post
Okay, you remove the corner light and there is a harness going to the corner light and another going straight down to the front turn signal, you strip away what loom you need and cut the green wire that goes to each light, then swap so the green that went to the front signal now goes to the corner light and vice versa. You will need to get a LED resistor to make your signals blink normally or let them be and they will blink fast. What you get is your front turn signals are now fog lights and your corner lights are now turn signals, you should also switch bulbs so they are white like the headlights and in some states you may be required to change the bulb in the corner light to orange. Here is what it looks like

on my driver side one green was indicated by a black stripe as you can see, on the passenger side the greens were noticeably different shades.

Ryan
do you think this will work for a 96 model?
Old 05-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasebrooks14 View Post
do you think this will work for a 96 model?

it should work if you're just doing the cross over, you can do it with anycar really
Old 05-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSkeet View Post
My buddy had the hyper blink only when he pushed the brake in, and mine had hyper blink even with the 921s. A simple LED resister from Autozone fixed them both. I think they are like 5 bucks each.
yeah I have the hyper blink on both right now, I'm getting the resister this friday, re-wiring the rear tailight's since my bro did it himself when he switched the tailight's, going to make sure there isn't bad contact that could cause a short.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasebrooks14 View Post
thanks!
your welcome!
Old 02-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #132
FalloutMaster is on a distinguished road

FalloutMaster's Tacoma Gallery
So I have the resistors but can anyone explain how and where to put it on the wire?
Old 02-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #133
Rubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Josh
Rubio92's Tacoma Gallery
Black wire coming from the resistor to the black wire of what you're hooking up to.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #134
Rubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rubio92's Tacoma Gallery
Red wire coming from the resistor to the red wire of what you're hooking up to.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #135
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
can any one recommend a good LED 4157 for my "fog lights" once i do this mod?
i been on ebay the last 3 hours scrolling for the best product coupled with the best deal and I'm still not sure what i want...
Old 02-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #136
Rubio92's Tacoma Gallery
Remember once you do it you can only run CK led's. I modded some standard 3157 LED's that I got for my dad's Chevy, Crown Vic, and Cadillac. If you don't wanna spend a lot on LED's just cut two of the wires. I can post some pics of what I did.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #137
Rubio92's Tacoma Gallery
I'm uploading pics right now. If you use standard 3157 LED's meant for running in regular wired vehicles, your bulb can blow up. Like mine did and resulted in me learning a valuable, costly lesson.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #138
Rubio92's Tacoma Gallery
As for recommendations, I'm running these in the aforementioned vehicles. No faults or fuss, simply plug and play. Unless of course you're putting them into CK wired lights.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-T20-315...d21e65&vxp=mtr
Old 02-01-2014, 06:27 PM   #139
Rubio92's Tacoma Gallery
My foglight/sidemarker mod:

Bulb in original turn signal socket:

Bulb again, quite bright too:

When modding, you want to cut the "inside" wires with some wire cutters. Be careful not to damage the internals by just yanking; cut:

This is what's left over from not doing any research. Sure the bulb turned on...but the wiring was all wonky and shorted itself. I'm assuming the resistors or something helped keep it on. But after driving with it on for no more than 5 minutes, I heard a POP. I didn't think anything of it until I got home and noticed one light was out. Don't let this happen to you:

When you're holding the bulb with the base towards you and the LED's away from you, you want to keep the bottom right and top left. You want to cut the top right and bottom left. Remember this is now a bulb that is polar sensitive so you will have to turn the bulb around if it doesn't work.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #140
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
What are ck LEDs? I just planned to cut the respective green corner light and turn signal wires and switch em then crimp em.
I figured I would just put an amber 194 halogen bulb in the corner lights and a sealed 4157 projector LED in the "fog lights."
I figured I didn't need a resistor for the LEDs since I'm not using them for turn signals and as long as the led wattage isn't above the standard 4157 halogen's 28 watts...

but this was just my plan, not sure if it was a good one lol.
I'm not worried about needing the corner lights to function as both signals and running lights I'm just worried that moisture could seep into the tiny cracks in my lenses and blow the LEDs if I don't get sealed, protected LEDs such as the projector LEDs. Plus theyre bright as shit

I already have led reverse and license plate lights and have had no problems, both are cree sealed projector LEDs

Products Discussed in this Thread