1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck got puked in

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by MowTaco, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Aug 21, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    MowTaco

MowTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    Hello everyone
    So the other day I had to pick up my little brother and his friend from summer weights for football. The friend asked me to pull back into the parking lot right after we left for the bathroom. I was like "couldn't you have done that while you were waiting?" He didn't say anything. So I go all the way up to the building, had just stopped and he blew all over the passenger side. It seemed like he aimed right for the vent. God I was pissed I was like "Couldn't you have opened a door or window or something?!" He said the door was locked... definitely bullshit. So I made him wipe it up. The dipshit didn't eat breakfast before working out. Luckily it was mostly water but it still pissed me off. Anyway so I got home and used pine sol on all the plastic and stuff to disinfect it. I also poured a little down the vent to take care of that. I used spot shot on the little carpet panel on my door. That worked fine, but the overspray and run off kinda did some damage. It basically bleached out the window switch panel.

ed0d5cc5_aa7960e58c36feabf4bed9e174a2162efc96ece8.jpg

Is there anything I can do to try to get the color back? If not I may just use more spot shot on it to even it out... Thanks in advance!

2. Aug 21, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
  3. Aug 21, 2010 at 11:06 AM
    MowTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    Didn't you see the little box with all the different shapes and colors in it?

4. Aug 21, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    Someone makes a vinyl restore product. Look around on google.

5. Aug 21, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    SOAB! I would have killed him! If that happened to me and he wanted another ride in the future, I'd tell him to get in the bed, and I'd be 100% serious. Gross. (but I know, it's your little bro)

6. Aug 21, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    RideFast

RideFast on the flats.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    u better get a spray bottle out and spray water on that carpet and use a wet dry vac to get the soap out of the carpet or its gunna smell bad when its hot and attract dirt. how do you think carpet cleaning products stay in business!!!

do the water bottle process about 10 times to ensure you get everything out of that carpet!!!

7. Aug 21, 2010 at 11:47 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Eff that...Trade it in...Never gunna be the same.

Kidding-Good luck getting the color right again.

8. Aug 21, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Yeah, no kidding on the trade in. :puke: That or park it on the bad side of town, with the windows down, and the keys still in.

9. Aug 21, 2010 at 2:35 PM
    MowTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    Haha it wasn't that bad. Like i said, he puked because he didn't eat, therefore there was nothing to puke up but water. He's a freshman at the high school I'm a senior at, so I've been slowly getting revenge :) I always give him plastic bags at school that say "Jay's barf bag" and I just shove him into stuff a lot. People say I'm mean for making him clean up while he was sick but they don't understand... it's a taco. And yes if it weren't a kid younger than me I would've smacked him pretty good. I've tried armor all to no avail. i'll see if i can find some more serious reconditioner stuff.

10. Aug 25, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    Tidrow

Tidrow Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    PreRunnin' 08
    BHLM, All Black grill, Fog light Mod, AFE pro dry, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Kenwood deck, Bridgestone AT Revo 2

Products Discussed in

To Top