1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truxedo LoPro Installed with Factory Bed-Divider and Hi-Lift Jack (Pics)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bjmoose, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Oct 30, 2010 at 9:15 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose [OP] Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    I'm not going to document the Lo-Pro install itself - that's well documented here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/product-reviews/87480-truxedo-lowpro-qt-installed-today.html
    with props to inlinejohn.

However, folks often ask if it's possible to use the cool factory bed divider with the LoPro. I'm here to provide the answer, which is a conditional yes. Read on for details.

First, while doing the LoPro install, you have to decide which half of the bed, front or back, you want the divider in, and slide the divider's bed-rail mount bolts into position in between the LoPro bed-rail mounting brackets. Aside from that, you can complete the LoPro install as normal.

Once you've completed the Lo Pro installation, put on the divider mounts, underneath the lo-pro rail. Factory rubber knobs are replaced by simple wing nuts with lock washers:

[​IMG]

Find where you want to place the divider, but do not tighten them up yet, though.

Now, you have to drill two holes in the Truxedo LoPro rails for the divider mount bolts as shown below. This means you won't be able to reposition the bed divider. You're going to have to choose a single spot for it when it's mounted. (I suppose you could drill two or three sets of holes if you had a couple locations you liked to switch between. But keep in mind you're already restricted to the front half or the back half only by the Lo Pro mounts.)

[​IMG]

Once it's in place, it's fairly straightforward to simply remove if you want to take it out to gain access to the entire bed.

Once that was done, I wanted to mount my High-Lift jack in the bed without interfering with either the divider or the LoPro. I bought the HiLift 4XRac off the shelf from 4 Wheel Part$ along with the HiLift handle keeper.

Testing the position first, without drilling any holes. I used 3M adhesive double-stick foam pads to hold the rack in place while I test fitted everything, including testing the jack on the mounts and getting it into and out of position.

[​IMG]

Once I was happy with the location, I drilled the holes while the brackets were still in place. This shows the holes after I removed the brackets, and the sticky squares I used to hold them:

[​IMG]

Please be sure you know what's BEHIND the holes you're about to make BEFORE you drill them!

If you ever wondered what the bed is made of, I still can't tell you for certain, but I CAN say that the SMELL AND FEEL of drilling through the composite bed is exactly the same as when drilling through a polyester resin GRP boat deck to mount hardware on that.

I used some 1/8" by 1" aluminum strip to make backing plates for the racks - 4 total, one for each pair of bolts, I made these roughly 5" long.

[​IMG]

Test fitting the backing plates from the "easy" side of the bed to verify hole alignment.

[​IMG]

As mounted. I needed an assistant here. I was able to fold the inside rear wheelwell liner plastic so I could reach the back of all the mount points, while my son turned the bolts from inside the bed. The 4xRac comes with nyloc insert nuts, so they won't vibrate loose.

[​IMG]

The mounted jack, nestled behind the bed divider and underneath the LoPro mount rails.

[​IMG]

Same thing from underneath - with the cover fully closed.

[​IMG]

Bullwinkle J. Moose approves!

[​IMG]

Crom likes this.
  2. Oct 30, 2010 at 9:50 PM
    payrow

payrow Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Santos
    Vehicle:
    '18 DCSB Sport
    Very nice. :thumbsup:

3. Oct 30, 2010 at 10:03 PM
    supataco

supataco Shaq-enzy Falls

Member:
    First Name:
    Ichiro
    Oahu - Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2010-SSM-AC-TRDSport-PreRunner
    -17" 4Runner Trail Wheels (265/70/17) -OEM Tube Steps -Tailgate Security Clamps -Trimmed Mudflaps -Bed Bar -Kobalt Box -Bed Mat -Toyota Mats
    Nice writeup!

4. Oct 31, 2010 at 3:44 PM
    bjmoose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    Thanks for the compliments.

5. Oct 31, 2010 at 3:50 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    props to you.....you will love the truxedo

6. Nov 1, 2010 at 4:45 PM
    bjmoose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    Bump. Mostly this info is for folks to access via search, but I wanted to give it one more good bump for folks to see what can be done with the LoPro and the bed divider before it fades into post obscurity.

7. Feb 24, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    ETAV8R

ETAV8R Out DERP'n

Member:
    Republik of Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    MGM 09 AC 4WD V6 TRD-OR w/ Tradesman Shell
    Just the basics
    Bumping this since I was looking how to instal my copycat 4XRAC mounts.
    Thank you for the DIY

Products Discussed in

To Top