Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

JBarbaresi's Silver TRD Sport DC 6SPD

Old 12-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #41
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD
JBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: JEREMY
JBarbaresi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe812 View Post
Bad ass truck!

Do you have any close-up photos of the TWM shift knob? Flat black?
thanks. don't have any other pics of the shift knob but i can try to snap one for you if you let me know what angle/view you are looking for. yes it is the flat black one. i had the regular type r on my old car. i love the shape, size, and weight of the large one for the tacoma.

i did have to do a make-shift mod of adding a couple washers to the shift rod in order to raise the shift boot up to the level of the knob, nothing major.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #42
joe812 will become famous soon enough
Name: Joe
joe812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBarbaresi View Post
thanks. don't have any other pics of the shift knob but i can try to snap one for you if you let me know what angle/view you are looking for. yes it is the flat black one. i had the regular type r on my old car. i love the shape, size, and weight of the large one for the tacoma.

i did have to do a make-shift mod of adding a couple washers to the shift rod in order to raise the shift boot up to the level of the knob, nothing major.
I was just trying to figure out if the "Big" Type R was too big/heavy or if the regular Type R was sufficient. the big one is about 21 ounces (600 grams) and the regular is about 15 ounces (440 grams). Either way, it sounds like you are happy with the one you have.

Any photo would be great. Thanks man!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #43
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD
JBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant future

Army:
Quote:
I was just trying to figure out if the "Big" Type R was too big/heavy or if the regular Type R was sufficient. the big one is about 21 ounces (600 grams) and the regular is about 15 ounces (440 grams). Either way, it sounds like you are happy with the one you have.

Any photo would be great. Thanks man!!!
for the tacoma the larger one is perfect, for my old mazdaspeed 3 the smaller one suited it better. i won't be home tonight with enough light to get you a picture, but i'll try to remember to bring my camera with me to work tomorrow and get something for you then.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #44
tacoyaki is on a distinguished road
tacoyaki's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck

hey nice truck. I like the black rims on silver body....what kind of lugnuts did you use for the countersteers?

thx
Old 12-16-2010, 07:14 AM   #45
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoyaki View Post
hey nice truck. I like the black rims on silver body....what kind of lugnuts did you use for the countersteers?

thx
not quite sure what brand but they are pretty much the same as moteki. they were recommended by JLB Motorsports when I bought the wheels. Since the tacomas are 6 lug and most lug nuts come in sets of 20/pack, they have ones they sell individually. i think it was $30 for a set of 24.

and damn, i still need to get a picture of the shift knob.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #46
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
hey man did you get any snow wheeling in today?
Old 12-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #47
joe812 will become famous soon enough
Name: Joe
joe812's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up ordering the "Big Type R". It arrived yesterday and I'll get it on this weekend. (Ha! that's what she said!)
Old 12-16-2010, 06:50 PM   #48
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
Quote:
I ended up ordering the "Big Type R". It arrived yesterday and I'll get it on this weekend. (Ha! that's what she said!)
sorry about that man i completely forgot. how do you like it?
Old 12-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #50
Stanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud of

Stanley's Tacoma Gallery
looks good man. once i get my lift. i have some black steelies and cant wait for my black a grey accents to shine.... touche
Old 12-16-2010, 07:01 PM   #51
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
looks good man. once i get my lift. i have some black steelies and cant wait for my black a grey accents to shine.... touche
thanks. i need to get some recent pictures up.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:10 PM   #52
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBarbaresi View Post
nope, just drove home like a safe citizen
oh very good haha, i forgot that most people work even when school is canceled haha
Old 04-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #53
GEAUX TIGERS!!!!
jakedaugh is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: JD275
jakedaugh's Tacoma Gallery
That thing is MEAN!!! I have the same truck but an '09...i have been wondering what all black wheels would look like with the silver streak mica...thank you for answering that question lol. I pretty much wanted to do the same thing to mine, I guess I have to change it up now lol.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #54
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #55
kyser13 is a jewel in the roughkyser13 is a jewel in the roughkyser13 is a jewel in the rough
Coast Guard: PO1
kyser13's Tacoma Gallery
I see that you got the new rims and tires before lifting it, did you have any issues with rubbing or anything? I have this truck in black an 09. I'm looking for the same idea doing things not all at once. I would like to maybe get the lift or the tires and wheels then it on the other.I'm in alexandria and need some help.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #56
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyser13 View Post
I see that you got the new rims and tires before lifting it, did you have any issues with rubbing or anything? I have this truck in black an 09. I'm looking for the same idea doing things not all at once. I would like to maybe get the lift or the tires and wheels then it on the other.I'm in alexandria and need some help.
Check in HERE man.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #57
kyser13 is a jewel in the roughkyser13 is a jewel in the roughkyser13 is a jewel in the rough
Coast Guard: PO1
kyser13's Tacoma Gallery
I was referring to that jbarbresi guy, he's gone?
Old 02-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #58
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyser13 View Post
I was referring to that jbarbresi guy, he's gone?
hey bud, like Namyo said check out that link to the northern va thread, i live in stafford not far from you. idk what happened to jbarbresi, he used to live in stafford, met him once to run a local trail and then he moved and havnt seen him on here since then. but his tires are stock and he has a 3 inch lift. dont wana junk up his thread but shoot me a PM or hit up the Northern va thread and id be more than happy to help ya out
Old 05-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #59
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
Sorry guys I didn't even know there were posts to this thread after I moved. For some reason I stopped getting email notifications. My inbox is flooded with questions about how to get to the pipeline trails and I have no clue any more lol. Sadly the truck is up for sale so I can pick up a tundra. I have some recent pics posted in the thread in my signature.