Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Build (PerfectTekniq)

Old 09-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
My Build (PerfectTekniq)

Truck:
2009 TRD Sport 4x4 - Double Cab - Shortbed

Suspension: [Front] Billy 5100s w/ OME 885's - Wheelers Superbumps - Built Right UCAs (garage) [Rear] OME Dakars (took out an overload) - Ext. Travel 5100's - AllPro Flip Kit - Wheelers Superbumps
Armor: AllPro Front Bumper - AllPro IFS Skid - AllPro Rear Bumper w/ Wrap Arounds
Wheels/Tires: Stock but Plasti'd Sport wheels - 265 Treadwright Wardens (garage)
Electronics: ScanGauge II
Cosmetics: White LED Cluster, Radio, Shifter, Window, and AC Controls, Wet Okole Seat Covers, GrillCraft MX Grill, TW.com Sticker, SockMonkey TRD sticker, Plasti'd Badges
Save-Mode: Shackles x2 - 10k lb Strap

Everyone is doing it!..I don't want to feel left out.

Bought it August 22nd, 2011.
2009 Tacoma 4x4 DoubleCab ShortBed Skewp Edition.

I ordered WeatherTech Digifits about 5 days before buying the truck.
So I got those put in a day after owning it.

Saw some dirt for a bit. My first time having 4x4. This is just off of Kendall Dr on the 215 up to Victorville. It was about 100 degrees out so I wasn't really planning on getting awesome shots or anything, I just jumped out while I waiting for my buddy in his F150.

I picked up an aFe intake with a Pro Dry filter. Past 3000RPMs this thing roars.

Thanks to SockMonkey I picked up some SoCal stickers. I just wanted something a little different from the rest of the Tacos around here. Most of my buddies would say "BBrraappp!!"

Rear Differential Breather Mod

ScanGauge, LazyManInstall so I tucked it in between my seat for now. (Blendmount wont work because of stupid Bluetooth Mic!)

GrillCraft. Everyone either does the Satoshi or plain GrillCraft so I installed mine and added the center Toyota logo onto the inside beam where the air temp sensor is and I like it. If I grow tired of it I can take it off in 5 minutes.

Wet Okole Seat Covers installed down in Costa Mesa on 11/5/2011, I also have 6'x6' of extra material to do the doors. Black w/ Charcoal and TRD logo.

Doors

Jerez worked his magic on the cluster and radio. I plan on getting rid of all orange/amber.

12/20/2011 - Asshole attorney at the law firm I work at hit me. I took the $1700 estimate and bought All Pro front bumper and rear wrap around bumper.

12/29/2011
Big thanks to jonny for lending a hand and helping me get my 5100's on upfront matched with 885 coils.

I stole a wheel for a fitment check.

12/31/2011
Hit 42k miles so I did my oil change and went full synthetic Royal Purple aannndd....

Blacked out emblems

1/29/2012
AllPro Front, wheel spacers, Plasti-Dipped wheels

Started at 9am. I needed one more coat on the bumper so as that was drying I installed my wheel spacers and Plasti-Dipped my wheels.

4" coupler and 4" clamps held those OEM fogs in real good. They also project enough light for me.

Day after install it was a nice sunny day so I snapped a couple of pics. All 4 wheels are painted. Don't mind the last pic.

2/25/2012
AllPro Rear put on. currently looking for another place to put that spare tire. Looks fugly under there.

3/23/2012
Swapped my aFe WAI for a true TRD CAI (The good one.)

Busted out the fog light anytime mod along with the yellow wire mod.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to see you went with the 4x
Old 09-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
I had some time after the stickers to do one more mod...cheap...easy...and worth it.

probably a newb question but what mod is this? ^
Old 09-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
I had some time after the stickers to do one more mod...cheap...easy...and worth it.

rear diff breather re locate
Old 09-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #5
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post

Rear Diff Breather Mod...
Old 09-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #6
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
cool!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:17 AM   #8
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
Glad to see you went with the 4x
Glad I did. I almost pulled the trigger on a PreRunner about 2 weeks earlier at Redlands but found this for 3k more, fully loaded, with 10,000 less miles. Patience! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
looks great so far, now hurry up and lift that.
Thanks! I want a proper 3" with KMC Enduros. Workin' on it.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #10
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good and clean so far
Old 09-14-2011, 02:06 AM   #12
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
if you do go with a lift don't go drop bracket lift.

You regret?
Old 09-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #13

Haha yeah. No drop brackets or blocks here. I plan on doing it right because I actually plan to wheel a bit. Thanks for the advice and encouragement guys!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:58 AM   #14
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Hey bud, saw your grill in TW live, where did you get your mesh?
Old 10-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #15

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
UP NEXT:
- I have a GrillCraft sitting in the closet, just getting everything ready to Satoshi it.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
UP NEXT:
- I have a GrillCraft sitting in the closet, just getting everything ready to Satoshi it.

I put the GrillCraft in and will Satoshi when I....get around to it?!

Up next: 5100's because Jonny seems to be the evil devil on my shoulder.
& possibly Wet Okoles.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #18

UPDATE 12/17/2011.

Jerez worked his LED magic and replaced the amber with white. This guy does awesome work and it looks 100x better. Hit him up!

Then an attorney who I work with hit my parked truck. Getting fixed before Christmas.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:02 AM   #20

I might be available this week but only on Wednesday. If that's an option let me know.