Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

how is your winch wired?

Old 09-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
how is your winch wired?

im about to install the wiring for my winch and im wanting to put an inline fuse or a breaker between it and the battery. im not sure on what size though the instruction manual doesnt say anything about that. so if you could help please it would be appreciated and if you cant help i will have your post's deleted.

thanks john
Old 09-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
I really don't think you need a need a in line fuse for your winch. If there was going to be a problem then they would have that pre wired already from the manufacturer. Just wire it up direct and your good bro.

this won't help and delete away if you feel neccesary. link to my install

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...nt-bumper.html

i have used this already a few times, with no inline fuse. direct hook up and only engages when you hook up the control to control box.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
What is the amperage draw of your winch? If not known you can convert HP as well so if you know the horsepower but not the amp draw it can still be figured out.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
I really don't think you need a need a in line fuse for your winch. If there was going to be a problem then they would have that pre wired already from the manufacturer. Just wire it up direct and your good bro.

this won't help and delete away if you feel neccesary. link to my install

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...nt-bumper.html

i have used this already a few times, with no inline fuse. direct hook up and only engages when you hook up the control to control box.
hmm this is very true. so it doesnt draw any power unless the controller is hooked up?
Old 09-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #7
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
hmm this is very true. so it doesnt draw any power unless the controller is hooked up?
that is correct, no power drawn until you hook up control switch.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #8
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
obviously not the same purpose as the fuse, but my friend with the land rover installed one of these. he installed it out of reach under the hood and leaves it in the off position unless he's wheeling, or it's snowing, etc. a lot of dicks up north (near the city), and a couple of the guys he knows through another forum have had their winches messed with since the solenoid box was exposed.