Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Team Lombardo 2012 Build

Old 09-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #21
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Odd that your passenger side is so much higher
Old 09-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #23
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
How rough do the 886 and dakars make the ride? Without armor and all.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #24
WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!
TeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Tony
TeamLombardo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
How rough do the 886 and dakars make the ride? Without armor and all.
It certainly is stiffer, but tolerable IMO.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #26
TeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamLombardo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Got a pic of the pass side coil ?
Team Lombardo 2012 Build-p1030364.jpg

Team Lombardo 2012 Build-p1030365.jpg

Team Lombardo 2012 Build-p1030366.jpg

Team Lombardo 2012 Build-p1030367.jpg

Team Lombardo 2012 Build-p1030368.jpg

Team Lombardo 2012 Build-p1030369.jpg

All of the Passenger side
Old 09-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #28

Army:
Demello Sliders Install

Installed Demello bolt-on Hybrid sliders today. Boy was that a pain in the ass! It pratically took me all day! On my own I was only able to install half the hardware because holes needed to be drilled on the bottom of the frame in order to completely install. The drill I was using could not do the job so, I had to take it to a shop in order to drill 3 holes on the bottom of each side (6 total). The frame is ridiculously thick and took the guy 3 drill bits and a hot minute to get the job done. In the end though, they were installed and it came out alright.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #29

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Sliders look good! Can't believe it took 3 bits though . I cut through mine like butter with a dewalt cobalt bit and a regular household drill using a jack as a jerry rigged upside down drill press lol.
LOL! I wish that would have been the case for me. My day would have been better spent if I wasn't underneath the truck for a good majority of the day. At least my old lady didn't hassle me about it
Old 09-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #31
EATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mark
EATABULLETcom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sliders look good! Can't believe it took 3 bits though . I cut through mine like butter with a dewalt cobalt bit and a regular household drill using a jack as a jerry rigged upside down drill press lol.
Damn I wish I would have read that b4I drilled my frame would have been a lot easier , I went though 3 bits also and got lots of little burns on my arms from the shavings
Old 09-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #32

Army:
Quote:
yeah I was thinking there had to be a better way than sitting under the truck and doing it. Cutting oil also helps keep the bit from dulling so fast
I think I used about a quart of oil on those damn bits. The secret, which took us to until the last 2 holes to figure it out, was to go slow with the drill and not push so damn hard. Letting the drill bit walk itself through the frame is how it needed to be done. Slow and steady wins the race
Old 09-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #33
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
your sig; what movie is that from?!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #34

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
your sig; what movie is that from?!
Pee Wee Herman
Old 09-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #35

Army:
SS Braided Brake Lines

Front SS braided lines installed. Noticable difference in braking response. Not day and night noticable, but enough to make me feel ok about spending the $$ & time on them.
Team Lombardo 2012 Build-p1030465.jpg
Old 10-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #36
EATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mark
EATABULLETcom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamLombardo View Post
Front SS braided lines installed. Noticable difference in braking response. Not day and night noticable, but enough to make me feel ok about spending the $$ & time on them.
Attachment 172175
damn those are sexy, where'd you get em?

you going to the hidden falls meet?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tex...-november.html
Old 10-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #37

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EATABULLETcom View Post
damn those are sexy, where'd you get em?

you going to the hidden falls meet?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tex...-november.html
Thanks! Wheeler's Offroad. I actually was not aware. Let me look into that and see if it's possible.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #39

Army:
Quote:
How they fit? Looks good!
Thanks.

Holy shit balls are they close to the that raised lip on the caliper! I put them on (without lugs) and spun the rim, it cleared all around. BUT! When I go to torque them down I THINK they may touch that lip, not sure. Gonna get some lugs, torque them down, and test out to see. If they touch then I think I may go with some BORA .75" spacers.

Any lugs you recommend that will fit the small holes?
Also, there is some (very little) play between the hub and the rims hub bore. You think I need hub rings in order to avoid the shakes at high speeds?