Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

1stacoma build page

Old 07-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
1stacoma build page

Completed mods:

Extang BlackMax tonno bed cover
UltraGauge installed
AntennaX 14"
Light Racing UCA's
5100's front @ 2.5"
5100's rear with 2" AAL
Wheels SCS Stealth 6 in Gunmetal
BFG AT KO's 275/70/17
aFe Pro DRY S air filter
Window tint
Custom Katzkin Leather
Color matched grill
Color matched Toyota emblem
Hose-clamp tailgate lock
Front mud flaps removed
DTRL toggle switch mod (stealth mode)

9/7/13
Bed cover added

As she sits now 11/4/12 clean.

Show room floor 6/6/2012 she had about 30 miles at purchase.

Day I got her home.

Installed 5100's all the way around with 2"AAL 8/17/12

DTRL Toggle switch mod - stealth mode

Wheels and Tires installed - Cell pic will post better pics - as she sits now 9/25/12

Old 09-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

Reserved
Old 10-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #5
T1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
T1no33's Tacoma Gallery
Please excuse my ignorance in asking this but is the only thing you did for the lift is add the: 5100's front @ 2.5" and 5100's rear with 2" AAL? Did you have to add anything else and also do you mind telling me how much you paid?
Old 10-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1no33 View Post
Please excuse my ignorance in asking this but is the only thing you did for the lift is add the: 5100's front @ 2.5" and 5100's rear with 2" AAL? Did you have to add anything else and also do you mind telling me how much you paid?

I paid from wheelers offroad about $450 that was for 5100 front & rear and the 2" AAL. That price also inclued shipping which was probably $60 or so. That is it everything came included I did not have to purchase anything else. I also have installed all parts on my truck my self which has saved a lot of money. You will need an alignment after install.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
BOOMSHAKALAKA
boardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud of

Name: Bomb.com
boardude's Tacoma Gallery
Thought I'd come check your ride out.. Looks great! I almost went with the SCS F-5 wheels in gunmetal. Those look killer on a MGM
Old 10-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #8
T1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
T1no33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stacoma View Post
I paid from wheelers offroad about $450 that was for 5100 front & rear and the 2" AAL. That price also inclued shipping which was probably $60 or so. That is it everything came included I did not have to purchase anything else. I also have installed all parts on my truck my self which has saved a lot of money. You will need an alignment after install.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Very nice! The SCS 6 in gunmetal looks sick. Did you have to trim to fit the BFGs?
I did not have to trim anything. I had already removed the mud flaps behind the front tire so I'm not sure if that would have rubbed. There is a mud flap in front of the front tire I had to remove that. I had to trim no plastics that to me is the huge benefit of 275/70/17's and they are just a tad smaller than 285. When you start chopping the cab mount and trimming plastics you risk devaluing your truck. I have no regrets about gettin the 275's just not that many manufactures make them.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #12
OneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud ofOneMentalCase has much to be proud of

OneMentalCase's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great! Nice wheel/tire combo with the white letters out...very sharp...
Old 10-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #13
AcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the rough
Name: Vince
AcadianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job, truck looks awesome. I also like the wheels, considered going with those wheels in the future but noticed the the backspacing was at tad less than 4.5" ( 4.3" BS I think), ever flexed the wheels enought to see if they tuck themself inside the wheel wells? just curious Once I decide how I'm going to raise my rear, Wheels and tires will be next.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #15
Super Taco
mattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattgecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mattgecko's Tacoma Gallery
Man I am loving those rims, nice looking truck.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #16
delltron is on a distinguished road
delltron's Tacoma Gallery
Color match grille

Nice.... Where did you find the color match grille and emblem?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by delltron View Post
Nice.... Where did you find the color match grille and emblem?
I actually followed this method and did it my self. Considering I did it my self it really looks decent you probably would not know if I did not tell you. The first time I did it I did not use enough clearcoat so I pulled it off wet sanded and hit it with more clear coat.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ng-grille.html
Old 11-07-2012, 03:33 AM   #19
codename607 is on a distinguished road
Army:
codename607's Tacoma Gallery
After adding the lift how good did it ride compared to stock? My only experience with lifts are on Jeeps and as soon as you lift them they ride pretty rough. I'd like my truck to ride as smooth as possible.

Almost build by the way. When I saw this truck I new I had to get one.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:05 AM   #20
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Exactly what I've been looking for!!! Sick truck!! Clean and looks awesome! I am going to order those wheels. Been looking for some gunmetal and really haven't found any I like.... Until now! I like the 275's too, we see a lot of snow so the narrower tire is better for me. Can't wait until my stock tires are worn out!

Nice job!