Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Pyrite Mica's Super Slow Build.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
Pyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Pyrite Mica's Tacoma Gallery
Question Pyrite Mica's Slow Build. Advice wanted.

Looking for suggestions and advice.

I haven't had much to add and pretty much ignored my own thread but I have updated it to show latest changes.

This is my 'Super Slow' build. The build will be funded primarily from overtime hours (and I don't like to work ot ) or the liquidation of things I don't use (suck at that too ).
It's really all about balancing the hobbies.

Please feel free to provide advice and comments.

2012 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport - Pyrite Mica

Current improvements:

1. ImMrYo - Mirror relocation bracket. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/210670-review-immryo-rear-view-mirror-lift-bracket.html

2. AVS step shields

3. Replaced mud guards with shorter generic ones.

4. Removed the TRD Sport bedside decals.

5. Added oem ashtray cup to hold loose change.

6. Salex - Glove box organizer. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...n2-tacoma.html

7. Emblems Plasti Dipped (Temporary). May remove and paint down the road but they look fine now.

8. 5 SCS F5 wheels in Matte Jet Black and Toyo ATII 265/75 16s. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...eels-16x8.html

9. LED interior lighting.

10. mattgecko slider security bar. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post7681508

11. Relentless Fabrication hood antenna brackets (one for CB one for HAM). http://www.relentlessfabrication.us/

12. Midland 75-822, 3' Firestick, 9' Firering coax and stud (Awaiting arrival to install).

13. INNO Truck Stays RT102 http://www.innoracks.com/product/base/ with Thule Load Bars and unknown brand basket (appears to be a Yakima Load Warrior).

14. ARB awning. Currently installed as needed with a swing up set to arms constructed from modified Yakima Outdoorsman racks (temporary setup put together on short notice).

Plans, in most likely order:

1. Front row windows tinted to match.

2. Step-sliders.

3. OME or Billies lift/level not to exceed 2.5 inches.

4. Custom bed rack and RTT.

5. Winch bumper

6. HAM radio.

Current pic:

My usage expectations are about 85% pavement 15% off road. I would like to add the lift for clearance and armor support but desire the ride to remain as close to factory as possible.

Warranty restrictions will largely dictate some of the modifications.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
Pyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shedPyrite Mica is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I know, I know.
It looks like I will have some time tomorrow. If the weather holds out I will take some pics of the mods and additions.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #5

ImMrYo - Mirror Bracket.

An absolute must if the mirror blocks you view. Moves the mirror up as high as possible while still retaining the full use.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
The white plug should fit into the headliner, I just keep forgetting to take care of it.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #6
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I like the color, good job
Old 01-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #7

Thank you. AVS Step Shields and Yakima Bike Mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I like the color, good job
Went across the state to get this color and model. I must admit that the Green and the Grey did appeal to me but Pyrite Mica was the one I wanted.

AVS Step-Shields. The pattern on these match the inboard factory sills.
These were easy to install and will prevent the paint from wearing on the sills:
[/IMG]
Yakima Fork Mounts - Tacoma Bed Rail fit:
[/IMG]
Old 03-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #8

Back with a couple more reviews.

Mud guards.
I was not fond of the extra long stock guards. I had been looking at some one of the TW members made, but at the time there was some issues with melting due to extended contact with the exhaust tip.
I purchased some generic ones from the local auto parts store. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/PLC0/000577R01/N0174.oap?ck=Search_splash%21s%21mud+guard+-+universal_-1_-1&keyword=splash%21s%21mud+guard+-+universal
Was not a fan of the Mountain design but figured they would work for the time being.
I used the old guards as a guide for the hole punch and mounted them using the original hardware.
[/IMG]

I am still undecided on the bedside decal. It does look a little plain without it. 1955 hrs: Just read the post, no more Sockmonkey decals. Like others, I waited too long. May consider something down the road, but it will remain bare for some time now. Will need to be black or black/grey combo (All chrome is being removed or painted). Please feel free to provide input as that is half the purpose of my thread.

I now have a spare Mojave teflon wheel (Thanks to ILuvTea) to match the other set. Now I just need to get some tires!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #9
MadMan is on a distinguished road

MadMan's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up removing the 'sport' part, but here is an idea for black decal.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #10

OEM Ashtray and Salex glove box organizer.

I purchased the OEM Ashtray, through Ebay, to use as coin and bill storage.
This works great for my needs. It will hold plenty of change at the bottom and still provide room for cash as well.
[/IMG]

The Salex glove box orginizer is great!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...n2-tacoma.html
I did have a problem with it, but no one else seems to have this issue.
My glove box is too wide and the organizer would not stay together (it requires compression to remain together under load). As I did not want the center divider in place, I was able to use this as a shim on the side. This was enough to fill the gap issue.
I would definately recomend this product as even with the issues that only I have had, it's a great way to organize your glove box.
I did remove some of the OEM manuals that did not need to remain in the truck.
[/IMG]
Old 03-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #11

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
I ended up removing the 'sport' part, but here is an idea for black decal.

The black looks great on the pyrite mica! I was looking at removing the 'Sport' part of some of the ones I was considering.
Thank you.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #12
MadMan is on a distinguished road

MadMan's Tacoma Gallery
I went ahead and de-badged mine and painted front grill emblem black too.
Thinking of maybe painting front skid plate, but not 100% sold on it.

Old 03-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #13

Like it.

If or when I get one, I would probably have it powder coated black.
But on your's, I like the silver skid plate. Specifically when combined with the aluminum wheels. It just seems to fit.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #14
Nocturnal is on a distinguished road
Nocturnal's Tacoma Gallery
I have a pyrate mica myself, very nice looking truck my dude!
Old 03-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #15

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPREME1 View Post
I have a pyrate mica myself, very nice looking truck my dude!
Thank you, my first Tacoma and I love it.

Must say, wish I were in Hawaii right now! Got to go a few years ago and it was very nice.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #16

SCS F5!

Change of plan with the wheels.

Just ordered 5 of the SCS F5 wheels in Matte Jet Black!

I will post pictures when installed.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:45 AM   #17
Just a man and his truck
FLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant futureFLtaco24 has a brilliant future

Navy: GSM
Name: JJ
FLtaco24's Tacoma Gallery
Love those rims and that hood scoop, I got pyrite micas.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #18

Wheels are here!

SCS F5 wheels came fast! Thanks Vin.

Ash tray stash before:

And after:

The work of an excellent UPS man!

Shopping for tires tomorrow!
Old 12-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #20

INNO bed rack.

INNO Truck Stays RT102, Thule Load Bars and Yakima Load Warrior.
Easy on easy off temporary unit to be installed when needed.