LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Grakyn's Build

Old 03-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
Grakyn is on a distinguished road

Grakyn's Tacoma Gallery
Grakyn's Build

Now that I have finally place my order for some substantial parts, I feel like I start a build thread and without being a poser

Truck is a 2013 DCLB TRD Sport that I just purchased in December.

Current extras:

- Kenwood D710 VHF/UHF radio

- Comet CA-2x4SR antenna

- switches from otrattw.com (love these things)

- Leer canopy w/ Thule roof rack option

On order:

- OME roof rack

- ToyTec Ultimate lift w/ LR UCAs, add a leaf, and rear shocks with remote resevoir

Planned in near future:

- Fab Fours winch bumper w/ Warn winch and some type of LED light bar

- new tires and rubber (thinking 285s, but beyond that I still need to do some homework)

- rock sliders

- Thule MOAB basket

My target is to have a substantial portion of this truck done for fall hunting season in September. However, if I find out that there is any Tacoma meets happening in BC/Alberta, I might need to bump up my timeline.

Probably worth mentioning that this is my daily driver. As well, I am an active search and rescue volunteer. So although I am not currently planning any expedition type 4x4ing, that type of equipment still interests for it's search and rescue applications.

Would love to hear any feedback on the above. Pics coming shortly.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:11 AM   #3

Grakyn's Tacoma Gallery

Got the cap on it. Lift is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and go in on Saturday!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakyn View Post

Got the cap on it. Lift is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and go in on Saturday!

Sub'd!

Looks sick! Can't wait to see some pics, what are you thinking for wheels and tires?

Post up in the nautical blue thread!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ts-see-em.html
Old 03-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #5

Grakyn's Tacoma Gallery
No idea on wheels and tires. I'm open to suggestions. Leaving the stock stuff on until I find something that I really like.

Thanks for the link!

Just unpacked my Toytec kit and no rear shocks. I got the Ikons, so I really hoped they just shipped separately!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #6

Grakyn's Tacoma Gallery
So I put in the front (coilovers, UCAs and sway bar relocate kit). I opted out of throwing in the differential drop because there seemed to be a lot of negative comments in regards to it. Looks good. I cranked the coils down so my spacing from center of tire to fender rose from 20" to 22" in the front. My rear is currently sitting at 21".

Unfortunately, besides waiting on the Ikon rear shocks, I also ordered the wrong AAL. So it will be a little bit before I get the back end in and can crank the front up to full height (leaving as is because front is already an 1" higher and I would like it to be level or have a minor rake).

On the bright side, this gives me a little bit of time to save for new tires and rims, because I am currently riding on the stock gear.

Also added on the OEM roof rack on the cab, love the way these trucks look with this.

Pics to come.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #7

Grakyn's Tacoma Gallery
A few pictures now that my lift is in. Unfortunately, I'm still saving for new tires and rims, so riding on the stock stuff still. Can't wait to see what it looks like after I get that replaced and a bumper on.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:48 AM   #8

Grakyn's Tacoma Gallery
It's been a while, but I finally ordered some rims. Hopefully have them on this Saturday. Thinking of wrapping them in 285/70/r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers. Going to a local tire shop and they will test fit some tires.

Thinking of going with the All Pro bumper instead of the Fab Fours. Probably be ordering it within the next couple of weeks, truck should be looking pretty good once that is on.

Here are the rims. 17x8s.