Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Overland Taco

Old 04-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #481
Tacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacovendor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
Needless to say, Tacovendor, you've built an outstanding rig. I dig it much.

I simply have one question regarding your previous stock rims and 255/85/16 KM2 BFGs combo. Did you have to add a spacer or was the stock backspace enough to accommodate the new tires? I believe it's 4.75" for those 16x7 five star steelies. Thanks in advance - keep the great build going!
No rubbing problems, they're only 9.5" wide though.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #482
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
How much noise did the BFG 255/85R16s make? I've been thinking about an upgrade for my truck.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #483
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacovendor View Post
Here are a few pictures of the truck out enjoying 9,200ft above sea level in the Sierra Nevada's of California.

A few shots from the Owens Valley, 102 degrees, Muy Caliente!

I wish I would have had time to get the Scepter water and fuel cans to finish the rear out.
The first pictures in the Sierra Nevada mountains, where exactly is that?
Love the build though. I am going for an overland and it's definitely an inspiration.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #484
Tacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacovendor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bishop and south of Bridgeport
Old 07-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #485
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
no matter what I always find myself coming back to this thread I love going through it
Old 07-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #486

The truck is a blast to own! love it
Old 09-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #487
Dwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to beholdDwill817 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Drew
Dwill817's Tacoma Gallery
Tacovendor, did you have any driveline vibration from lifting your truck? I've seen where some of the regular cabs have them from the 1-piece driveshaft. I'm going to look at picking up an '06 Reg. Cab 4x4 tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #488
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Bump

Update on the Falkens?
Old 03-09-2014, 09:39 PM   #489
TYetti is on a distinguished road

Name: Mat
TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
just read your whole thread!! I have so many ideas for my truck now it's ridiculous!!!! great to see what the 4cyl can do I was almost thinking I should have held out but I'm convinced anything the 6 can do the 4 can do to !!!
Old 03-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #490
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
Always come back to check out your truck...love this build! Saw that Jason is updating his front bumper and I am sure you will have to get one to put it through the paces?! I'd be happy to take the old one off your hands
Old 04-08-2014, 01:17 PM   #491
jchav is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Justin
jchav's Tacoma Gallery
love the truck OP! I have a 2010 regular cab 4x4 and I'm setting it up for overlanding as well so this thread is a good inspiration!

Just curious though, did you experience any driveline vibrations after your lift was installed? If so did you address the vibrations and how?
Old 04-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #492
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchav View Post
love the truck OP! I have a 2010 regular cab 4x4 and I'm setting it up for overlanding as well so this thread is a good inspiration!

Just curious though, did you experience any driveline vibrations after your lift was installed? If so did you address the vibrations and how?
The vibrations might be taken care of with a really good alignment.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #493
High School Kid
godsend is on a distinguished road

godsend's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien View Post
no matter what I always find myself coming back to this thread I love going through it
Amen. I hope Tacovendor doesn't mind me copying some aspects for my upcoming build.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #494
BlgnTacoOwner is on a distinguished road
BlgnTacoOwner's Tacoma Gallery
Such a nice setup! I know you have gone with aftermarket rims now but going to stick my stock steelies for now also and go with the BFG KM2 255/85/r16's. Love the clean look!
Old 11-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #495

Vibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchav View Post

Yes it had a vibration, lowered the transfer case 1.5" and that took care of it. The one piece drive shaft is the culprit.