1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help Taking off Door Handles

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by silverback, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Jul 31, 2010 at 2:39 PM
    silverback

silverback [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    central CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner SR5
    painted door handles, bilstein 5100's front and back, K&N air filter. Precision power component speakers and Kenwood deck.
    I couldnt find any post or DIY's on how to do this. I have the door panel removed and cut the plastic sheet to the hole where the back of the handle is but now im lost. I bought new color matched door handles and would like to install them. I cant even get to the front of the handle on the back side?

2. Jul 31, 2010 at 2:47 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Are you talking abuot the rear doors? If so, you have remove the bolts on the latching mechanism on the side of the door.

3. Jul 31, 2010 at 3:02 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
  4. Jul 31, 2010 at 3:02 PM
    silverback

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    central CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner SR5
    painted door handles, bilstein 5100's front and back, K&N air filter. Precision power component speakers and Kenwood deck.
    right on I found it. Too bad I took the stupid door panel off. Easy as butter...

5. Jul 31, 2010 at 4:38 PM
    silverback

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    central CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner SR5
  6. Aug 1, 2010 at 5:57 AM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    So ... how did it work out? Was it as easy as the writeup? I just pulled the trigger on handles for my Barcelona Red. (The wife is out-of-town .... [​IMG])

7. Dec 27, 2010 at 9:18 AM
    Big Red 10

Big Red 10 Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    Hey buddy, how do the new handles look on the Barcelona Red? I am very close to doing it but just can't find a cheap enough price. I have the same color but was wondering how the red looks? Do you have a 4 door? Back doors do NOT have that black plug to remove so I assume that I'd remove the 3 hex bolts on the side and the handle slips out?

Products Discussed in

To Top