Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

question on Total Height

Old 08-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
swrredhead is on a distinguished road
swrredhead's Tacoma Gallery
question on Total Height

May seem like a stupid question, but I am concerned about lifting my truck and still having it fit in the garage at my office. I did a search, but can't find anything that specifically says how "tall" the truck becomes.
My question is can any of you post the total height of your Tacoma (either feet and inches or metres) with the 3" lift (and what lift you have) and the 33" (285) tires and what tires you have, and then once again, same question with the 6" lift (all suspension) and then what tires you have.
Sorry, I just don't want to spend a bunch of money on lifting my 09 double cab short box and find I can't drive it to work or park it in my garage at home.
Thanks
Old 08-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
swrredhead is on a distinguished road
swrredhead's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, that gives me the info on a 6" with 33's Good to have as I think I will end up going that way.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
clintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clinton
clintonjeffries's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swrredhead View Post
Thanks, that gives me the info on a 6" with 33's Good to have as I think I will end up going that way.
good deal... and if you end up doing a 3 inch with 33s... grab a calculator and minus 3" from 6" and theres your height
Old 08-04-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
I can fit into a 6'8" garage with my 6" lift w/ 35" MT's
Old 08-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
clintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shedclintonjeffries is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
I can fit into a 6'8" garage with my 6" lift w/ 35" MT's
do you rub at all with your 35's on 6"? and how bout power loss? pretty noticeable, or did you re-gear?
Old 08-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #7
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
How tall is your truck now?

Add 3" for a 3" lift.

Do similar math on the size of the tires - remember, your axle only goes up one half the height difference between new/old tires!

So, yeah, unless you're already scraping your garage entrance, why are you worried?
Old 08-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
How tall is your truck now?

Add 3" for a 3" lift.

Do similar math on the size of the tires - remember, your axle only goes up one half the height difference between new/old tires!

So, yeah, unless you're already scraping your garage entrance, why are you worried?
Agreed. add the lift height, and if you're going from 31's to 35's, add 2" to your total height. "Worst" case scenario is you'll be 8" higher with a 6" lift and 35's. figure 9" and you're pretty much guaranteed to fit if you've got that much clearance.