1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Questions about G2 Tacomas and Questions Re: Options & Building

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AnnihilatePrime, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Sep 20, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    AnnihilatePrime

AnnihilatePrime [OP] Member

Member:
    Hell and Gone Utah
    Vehicle:
    FSJ- Jeep Cherokee Chief
    You by far had the best answers and actually answered my primary questions as opposed to just bumping your post count. I appreciate it. I was actually contemplating ARB's or OX lockers or something, though ARB with onboard air is a huge plus for airing up and down at trailheads and such. I am more likely to swing towards auto over manual though I prefer manual generally in most cases (my old broncs, cj, SR5, and current WRX STi- all stick), though for the long distance cruising towing something and um... letting the wife drive are preferable for auto. And having driven a dealer Taco kinda hard slam shifting the auto up and downshifting, it seemed to work pretty solid. I do really dig the Auto-Manual thing that Tundras have though- kinda would like to see that in a Taco.

Thanks so far to everyone who has given a useful response,
    COOP

2. Sep 20, 2010 at 6:48 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Any time man. Make sure if you get the auto to get the trans flash though (part of the pedal recall anyway). I haven't done it yet but it is shifting a little funnier than my 08 did... not by much though. You can 'teach' it how to shift for your liking by manually shifting it like you did... I like to push her hard and shift around 4300 or so under about 3/4 accel.

One other thing to add though, if you do decide once again for that 6spd though... get a URD short shifter. It's supposed to vastly improve it. It won't fix the rpm hang during shift, sloppy plastic clutch, or throwout bearing issue though :p

Also note, you can always add onboard air regardless of ARB or not, I know I am going to, it's just lower on the list. AllPro was considering putting together a new tube style bumper as well, not sure if they will proceed with it or not... I can try and find a pic of it (one off). It does require cutting though, unlike the plate style bumper that I'm running or it's second revision.

Pics found:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/group-buys/101717-all-pros-next-group-buy-2.html#post1956883
    2b7f5431_eb42fa04199ce63076266335d7137ddd6dc892a5.jpg

Also, any pics of that STI? I'd love to get myself a wrx some day....

Products Discussed in

To Top