1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wobble from rear on take off...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by OH9, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Mar 14, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    OH9

OH9 [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 dbl cab auto stock
    Thanks for some good tips guys. I got it back from the shop and they told me that all these models do this. Wobble on initial take off and vibrate from 15mph to 25mph. I guess I will try tires next, still have the stock ones on. I guess there could be a flat spot.

2. Mar 14, 2011 at 6:29 PM
    drwalker65

drwalker65 Member

Member:
    ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 dbl cab 4x4
    none yet
    Mine does it. Im so disappointed with my new 2010 Dbl cab. Thinking of taking a hit and trading it in. Ive owned three other Tacoma trucks and i gotta say this 2nd generation truck is terrible. Shakes on take off, blower motor on order and waiting for 2 months now. leaf springs replaced, shutters in driveline when slowing down between 30-20mph, motor has very loud valve clatter, squeaky passenger seat when not occupied. Truck has 16,000 miles :( Lets face it fellas, Toyota has fallen off !!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I've been a huge Toyota fan most of my life but things are slipping at Toyota.

3. Apr 10, 2011 at 7:35 AM
    OH9

OH9 [OP] Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 dbl cab auto stock
    Wow!!! My 09 does all of those things, sooo disappointed

4. Apr 10, 2011 at 8:02 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Fix the blower motor yourself. They're going to replace the blower motor and in a couple months it'll be back to it. I looked up the blower motor tick fix here (I was out of warranty) and fixed it myself. The noise hasn't come back and I couldn't believe how simple the fix was. There are 2 leveling set screws and all it takes is an adjustment and some lubricant. The squeek is caused by the motor sitting off balance in the housing. Here's the link to the fix I used.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/28355-blower-motor-squeek-chirp-low-fix.html

I've been fighting with Toyota on the other crap with my 2007. They said there's no noise or vibration even though it's clearly present... This is my first Toyota and I'll keep it for a long time to come, but I'd have to think good and hard before buying another one. Only reason I'm keeping it this long is I've got so much time and money invested and it's finally set up the way I want. I'm on my third set of leaf springs now. I got the TSB at 10,000 miles because the stock 3-leaf pack was a joke. I've now flattened out the TSB set and replacing them again at 45,000 miles.

5. Apr 10, 2011 at 8:46 AM
    Tepidy

Tepidy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    11 tacoma 4x4
    Toytec Coil Overs 3.00" DSM UCA's (Desert Products) TSB 4 Leaf w/AAL by Pro Comp Bilstein 5100 rear 1"ToyTec SwayBar Drops 1" diff drop Detroit Trutrac Rear Diff Nitro 4.56 Gears Doug Thornley Header MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust Custom Built Rear Plate Bumper Custom Built Front Plate Bumper 4X Innovations Rock Sliders ATO Front Skid BAMF Rear Diff Skid Uniden 510XL Pro CB Raceline Renegades BF Goodrich Mud Terrains KM2's 265x75x16 WeatherTechs Rear Diff breather Relocate Intake Resonator Removed Yellow Wire Mod
    feel bad for you guys. I guess Im lucky my 2011 has no problems at all I have about 8,000 miles

Products Discussed in

To Top