1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

cb radio help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JM76, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Oct 1, 2008 at 6:03 PM
    JM76

JM76 [OP] Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    I am sure that I saw a thread about cb's on here before, but not quite sure. at any rate, I am looking to get a cb for the truck and need some opinions on brand, etc and placement of said cb in the truck. on a diffculty scale where 1 is easy, and 10 is off the scale difficult, give me an idea of how hard an install is. also factor in that I don't want to spend a whole lot of money, in the sense that, I think total budget on this would be $150 for a cb and an antenna..that is about ballpark, give or take. any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. Oct 1, 2008 at 6:05 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
  3. Oct 1, 2008 at 6:57 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    here's my antenna setup on the 07
    [​IMG]

cb location for the 07 and 09
    [​IMG]

for a descent setup, i'd go w/ a cobra 29 ltd, 4' fiberglass k40 or firestik, and then the coax....definately dont skimp on the cable. try to find a good radio shop around where u are and have them peak the cb and tune the swr for u so u know its good. also, the easiest way to run the cable into the cab is to take it through the frame until u get to the rubber grommets under the front seat, put a hole in it, run the cable through and under the carpet until u get it where u need it

Products Discussed in

To Top