1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Please deposit your 2 cents here to help a fellow member

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nd, May 21, 2007.

1. May 21, 2007 at 7:03 AM
    nd

nd [OP] Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    As many of you are aware, one of our members, Ricerun02 is having a problem with his local Toyota dealer. I won't waste space in this thread describing his problem in detail but will provide the link to his thread so that you can read it for yourself (you will definately want to read it, his saga is definately absurd) Here is the link...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/1353-help-2007-tacoma-will-not-start.html

Basically, the dealer has sold him a truck that has not functioned right from the start and is unable to fix it and refuses to replace it. Ricerun has contacted the local news station and may have to go to arbitration. However, i was hoping that we as a Tacoma community could do something to help him out. In this thread i'm hoping to hear suggestions (legal ones) that may help Ricerun out in his fight. Petitions, mass emails.... anything, no suggestion is stupid or un-appreciated. (see the link above to read a few that i have thought of)

Lets keep in mind that Ricerun02 is in the military and serves us selflessly, lets see if we can figure out a way to pay him back. Please post any and all suggestions in this thread and maybe we can figure out a way to help this guy out.

2. May 21, 2007 at 7:37 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    I know this won't help Ricerun02, but it might help other members from suffering a similar fate.

I suggest we have a "Fame or Shame" Thread, Poll, Page, or something that rates Tacoma oriented companies services, and dealerships based on their customer service, skill, knowledge, selection, etc.

This would serve as a warning for those of us that might be purchasing parts, services, or even an entire truck of companies to avoid or companies that have treated us well.

As far as Ricerun02's issue, I will gladly put my name on a petition or mass email or anything else that will assist in this issue.

If anyone has ANY ideas, please feel free to share!

BTW - Thanks, ndcouch, for helping out a fellow TW member! :D

3. May 21, 2007 at 7:47 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    I think a poll or list of good and bad dealers/companies would be a good idea. It would at least help people visiting this site make informed decisions. Maybe we could have a section on this site dedicated to helping people make the best decisions. We can advise on companies, as well as truck models and options. People are always asking for help on deciding what options to get on their truck. good suggestion 007

4. May 21, 2007 at 7:52 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    BTW, a mass email either to the dealer or corporate was my first thought. I don't know if it would do any good but it would at least let the higher ups know that their reputation is being questioned and that word is spreading quickly about their poor service. Maybe if they see 100+ emails saying "hey, you guys really dropped the ball and everyone that visits this site know about it and is pissed off about it" they'll realize how bad they are looking and do something about it. I really don't know that it would help but i'm willing to draft an email or write a letter to that affect (typically, written letters are taken more seriously) Fellow Tacoma Worlders, give me some feedback and let me know what you think of this idea, yay or nay.

5. May 21, 2007 at 8:15 AM
    coreyredken

coreyredken Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Georgia, Mount Airy
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5
    Westin Stainless Steel Oval Side Bars!
    A mass email would be great.. That is a good idea to me.. if the dealership knew that people from all over the country was taking about this issue it might just scare them a bit..

6. May 21, 2007 at 8:36 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Well if we have enough people willing to take the time to send one that would be great. If Ricerun wants us to go forward he can send us an email address and can start working on it. We need to make sure we follow some guidlines though.

1. Anyone participating will be representing TW and needs to compose themselves accordingly. No cussing, or name calling or threatening or anything that would reflect negatively on this site. Express your disgust and dissapointment in a well thought out articulate way

2. We need to make sure we have Ricerunners conscent first

3. If this is going to Corporate it might be a good idea to mention this site so that they know to monitor it for complaints and issues. (but like i said, keep it respectful and profesional, we don't want a bad reputation)

I don't know if this will work or not but it might be worth a try, but only if we can get enough participants. anyone who thinks this is a good idea and is willing please post on this thread. Thanks

7. May 21, 2007 at 8:55 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    You can count me in! :)

8. May 21, 2007 at 9:41 AM
    GT88

GT88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Count me in, I'm going to arbitration within the next 30 days regarding my brand new 2007 V6 Access Cab TRD Off Road Issues.

I have the Trump card from hell to pull out at the last minute!!!!

Engine Ticking. NOT TSB RELATED and NOT FUEL INJECTORS.
    Buzzing sensation in steering wheel during acceleration.
    Vibration in driveline from 45-70 mph. NOT TIRES or BALANCING.

9. May 21, 2007 at 12:28 PM
    sak3358

sak3358 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm in. Sad that a dealer will not stand up and take care of a customer.

10. May 21, 2007 at 2:22 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Startin to build up a list here. We still need to make sure its cool with Ricerun if we do this. We don't want to hinder what he's doing or make things more difficult. I'm glad people are willing to do this but i'd still love to hear more ideas/solutions. Everybody put on your brainstorming caps

11. May 21, 2007 at 3:12 PM
    EvilBetty

EvilBetty Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 Access Cab
    Visor CD Holder
    Count me in.

12. May 21, 2007 at 6:36 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    im with yall......anything to help a fellow tw'er!!!!! bring on the mass emails, or anything else for that matter!! we'll git r done!

13. May 21, 2007 at 6:52 PM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    Rice here's my two cents, If you have kept formal requests of issues to your taco i.e. paper, or work order request, and it is more than 3 times the issue has not been solved. i would look at your warranty papers, anything you signed you had agreed to as an "as-is product" there should be a list of what the dealer won't cover. read it asap if i were in your shoes i will have an attorney take a look at this. remember you have to have all your recorded complaints about this issue about your taco. I do not think in my opinion mass email would do the job. your chosen attorney will call your dealer and depending on how your laws about malfunction vehicles are handled (lemon-laws) i would give the dealer another chance in rectifiyng the problem and have this matter followed up by your attorney so the dealer would know the seriousness of this matter. the better business bureau should have info about your dealer i suggest you report this dealer so they could be investigated. if your taco is in warranty, the dealer should be responsible for all repair until of said date. keep us posted, it is so unfortunate that this happened to you. just a piece of advice keep yourself informed about the laws in your area things like this do happened and not knowing about the law is something you cannot rob yourself of.

14. May 22, 2007 at 7:22 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    A similar approach (see attached picture) would have the most success, IMO. Inserting the dealers name before Toyota (eg: Baton Rouge Toyota) implicates both the Dealer and Toyota and I believe both parties will react quickly to resolve the issue due to bad publicity.

The truck has to be drivable for maximum effect. TW members from Ricerunners State can help by putting similar stickers on their trucks till the matter is resolved. If the dealer operates country wide, that opens the door for all to pitch in.

Picketing outside the dealership during a month/year end sale would have a tremendous effect. I do not know nor am I familiar with picketing laws in the US. But then, if George Bush can be President you can get away with anything. :rolleyes:

I will contribute towards a sticker campaign if it goes that way.

ford.jpg

15. May 22, 2007 at 9:19 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    I will put a window sticker on my truck (just not on the paint)!

Hell, I would even build a wooden sign out of 2x4 and plywood to go in the truck bed!!!

16. May 22, 2007 at 10:49 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Thats the kind of alternative suggestion i was looking for. I think that's a great idea for the people living in his area. A picket would work well too if the laws allow it. i would definately sport a sticker on my truck. In fact, i think one of the guys on this site works for a place that makes stickers....

17. May 22, 2007 at 11:09 AM
    LovinMyTaco07

LovinMyTaco07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'd like to help! But I'm inexperienced in dealing with companies that won't server their customer and in legal matters.
    I don't think a mass e-mail will help, but I think it is better then doing nothing.... I think his best action is to follow through with the lemon-laws and if they don't resolve the matter as the customer wants it then let the judical system enfore the laws.
    I'll ask around and see what else others have done in this situation.. I'm sure it has happened before.

18. May 22, 2007 at 8:24 PM
    kilo

kilo Solo Member

Member:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Dbl cab long bed TRD Sport
    custom sliders, 3" Old Man Emu lift, onboard air, custom surf-rod mount, custom bed rack, ARB bumper, Budbuilt fuel tank skid-plate
    I'm in!!!! I'm a former Marine. It's my way or no way at all.If he or she needs help, you let me know, I'll break some legs! BLOOD makes the grass grow, KILL KILL KILL!!!! I won't put up with the sh!t!!!!

19. May 23, 2007 at 5:18 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    Easy there, killer. We aren't running hitmen.com here. Any corporate company wouldn't shed a tear if they lost a few people unless it was a publicity stunt.
    :rolleyes:

20. May 23, 2007 at 6:38 PM
    GT88

GT88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    That's funny!!

Products Discussed in

To Top