Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My horn re-locate

Old 10-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Nice curious to why you moved it.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:54 AM   #3
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Nice curious to why you moved it.
x2
Old 10-10-2008, 11:04 AM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Just saw his pics and noticed what type of grill he had paint the radiator would look nice.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #6
it's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud ofit's in coma has much to be proud of

it's in coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
This was the quickest mod I ever did. Best of all everything was already their.
very nice, i so want to do that, could you please be a little more specific on how you did it?
Old 10-10-2008, 11:34 AM   #7
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
yes I am going to paint behind the grill, that is the main reason I moved the horns, stuck out like a sore thumb.

As for moving them, unplug the clips from the horns, I made sure and took a silver sharpie and put a dash on the right horn and plug. Just to make sure I didn't re-wire it wrong (may not matter).
I also unplug the items in the center section in front of the radiator. I then moved all cable to the drivers side behind the battery, and the other box's their making sure to keep it as neat as I could considering the wire mess already.
I then removed the horns, and then just re-bolted them to the existing holes (the horns screws fit the nut holes under the hood). If I am not mistaken I flipped the one bracket so they sit the way they do.
After a little playing around I got the position the way I wanted it, and tightened everything up. Then I plugged everything back in, the item (relay??) that was in the center section, well there is a hole on top of the fender well, it is bigger. But I had a rubber cromet (spelling) laying around, I just plugged the hole, put a slice in it with a knife and pushed the tab in.
When it was all said and done, and I was happy, I took a few ties just to make it look like it had been their all the time.
Reached in side and hit the horn, WORKS and still has thay funky Tacoma sound.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #8
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
i bet it looks a lot better now without the horns showing....
by the way, (not sure if you did it already or not) but if you take the "baffles/covers" off of the horn's opening it makes them a little bit louder...
Old 10-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #9
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
I have been wanting to get a big air horn (like for tractor trailers) secretly mounted somewhere in my engine compartment... That way, when I blast some fool for cutting me off - it'll suprise him too!
Old 10-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #10
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBulldog View Post
I have been wanting to get a big air horn (like for tractor trailers) secretly mounted somewhere in my engine compartment... That way, when I blast some fool for cutting me off - it'll suprise him too!
Old 10-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #11
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
i bet it looks a lot better now without the horns showing....
by the way, (not sure if you did it already or not) but if you take the "baffles/covers" off of the horn's opening it makes them a little bit louder...
Matter of fact it really does, not as cluttered sort of speaking. Still need to paint the alum, will hit the auto parts shop this weekend.
Kept the baffle covers on, but that is a thought, may give it a test...
Old 01-12-2009, 08:35 PM   #12
proshoppb will become famous soon enough
proshoppb's Tacoma Gallery
I also did this horn relocation before I read your thread. I have a 09 and the temperature sensor is also hooked to the harness just after the horns. I was getting a 79 degree reading and it was in the low 60's today which says I need to find a way to mount the sensor inside the wheel well.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #13
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
airsoft_warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to airsoft_warrior
Do you paint them with the high temp paint or just regular?
Old 06-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #14
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent475 View Post
Here is my setup
Old 06-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #15
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, I wanna do this!
Old 06-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #16
GoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to allGoBlueFan is a name known to all

Air Force: Load Toad (462/2W1)
Name: Jon
GoBlueFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post

I don't think so...someone actually did a sound test and found them to be identicle at 125db. It's in a thread on here somewhere...
Old 08-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #18
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
yes I am going to paint behind the grill, that is the main reason I moved the horns, stuck out like a sore thumb.

As for moving them, unplug the clips from the horns, I made sure and took a silver sharpie and put a dash on the right horn and plug. Just to make sure I didn't re-wire it wrong (may not matter).
I also unplug the items in the center section in front of the radiator. I then moved all cable to the drivers side behind the battery, and the other box's their making sure to keep it as neat as I could considering the wire mess already.
I then removed the horns, and then just re-bolted them to the existing holes (the horns screws fit the nut holes under the hood). If I am not mistaken I flipped the one bracket so they sit the way they do.
After a little playing around I got the position the way I wanted it, and tightened everything up. Then I plugged everything back in, the item (relay??) that was in the center section, well there is a hole on top of the fender well, it is bigger. But I had a rubber cromet (spelling) laying around, I just plugged the hole, put a slice in it with a knife and pushed the tab in.
When it was all said and done, and I was happy, I took a few ties just to make it look like it had been their all the time.
Reached in side and hit the horn, WORKS and still has thay funky Tacoma sound.

Are you sure that is a relay and not the air bag sensor?
Old 08-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #19
Mike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mike27t's Tacoma Gallery
I relocated the horns to the same location last week. Im moving it somewhere closer to the front asap. The horn sound like crap inside the cabin since its so much closer to the driver. Almost feels like the dash vibrates when I honk.

As for the sensor, I spliced into the tape holding horn and sensor wires together and left it in the front.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #20
Batman

I really dont want to splice into the wires. So I moved it back to where the horn is now. but I just dont want it to inadvertently set some safety device off such as the airbag or a lock down of the engine if it over heats. It would be reassuring if I knew exactly what it was and if it was safe to move.