Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Blu Logic how do you like it?

Old 06-26-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Blu Logic how do you like it?

I am wondering how those who have Blu Logic in their trucks like it. My truck is a work truck and I spend a LOT of time answering calls and making calls while driving. This is especially difficult and dangerous I might add because I drive a manual and I need to shift a lot, most of the driving I do is not highway.

I like the Blu-Logic because;

- It is completely hands-free
- My phone connects to it as soon as I get in my truck
- Calls will be heard through my speakers
- When call comes in, the system mutes my stereo and my phone rings through the trucks speakers

I would like to know how is the microphone and if people who you call can hear you clearly. Also how clear you can hear the caller through the truck's speakers...
Old 06-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
I am wondering how those who have Blu Logic in their trucks like it. My truck is a work truck and I spend a LOT of time answering calls and making calls while driving. This is especially difficult and dangerous I might add because I drive a manual and I need to shift a lot, most of the driving I do is not highway.

I like the Blu-Logic because;

- It is completely hands-free
- My phone connects to it as soon as I get in my truck
- Calls will be heard through my speakers
- When call comes in, the system mutes my stereo and my phone rings through the trucks speakers

I would like to know how is the microphone and if people who you call can hear you clearly. Also how clear you can hear the caller through the truck's speakers...
x2 wondering the same ..
Old 06-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
your 08 Tacoma has blue logic??
Old 06-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
your 08 Tacoma has blue logic??
No I want to purchase Blu Logic for my Tacoma and wondering if its worth the $180...
Old 06-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
azchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
azchris's Tacoma Gallery
I've had a couple people complain about echoes on their end, but they can hear me okay. It sounds great on my end! Very loud, even with the volume only up to about 6 or 7. And it has a separate volume from your stereo so you won't get blasted.

The only thing I wish it did was pull the contacts off my phone, the truck has a separate "contacts list" you can add numbers that you frequently dial to, but it doesn't sync with the phone's.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #6
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
I will say we have it in our highlander and it's great. Great clarity from both ends of the call. If there's an echo, it's probably the phone as we don't have any echos (and I would know because I frequently talk to my wife via phone when she's driving it and I'm at work). FYI for those reading this thread, it's compatible with the 08+ Tacomas.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine when I purchased my truck in January--one of those negotiating points for my purchase. I love the stock-looking button that lights up blue. Frankly, it's the best Bluetooth system I've used except the one in my wife's 2011 Kia Sorento SX. In hers, the phone number pops up on her navigation system. Mine is very dependable and I love I can play my iPhone/iTunes through the stock radio via Bluetooth as well.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:33 PM   #8
Forewheel is on a distinguished road
Forewheel's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the bluetooth with the JBL system and absolutely love it! I do outside sales and as said above, spend a lot of time in my truck on the phone. As far as the quality, the best thing I know is to turn the volume down as much as you can and the person on the other end will get better sound quality. Other than that, I have yet to get a complaint about how it sounds.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:59 AM   #9
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by azchris View Post
I've had a couple people complain about echoes on their end, but they can hear me okay. It sounds great on my end! Very loud, even with the volume only up to about 6 or 7. And it has a separate volume from your stereo so you won't get blasted.

The only thing I wish it did was pull the contacts off my phone, the truck has a separate "contacts list" you can add numbers that you frequently dial to, but it doesn't sync with the phone's.
Mine uses my phone contacts...completley synced... Do you have android?

PS... Not sure if everyone knows this, but blue logic is seperate from the factory stereo. It works great with my Alpine as well.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #11
Shifting Member
TeXian will become famous soon enough

Name: Christian
TeXian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
I just ordered mine... Cant wait to install it

You're are gunna love it! I installed mine myself and it only took about 45 minutes.

Make sure you install the mic up near the rear view mirror. Not only works better but looks nicer too. I ran the wire up the "A" pillar.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #12
Shifting Member

TeXian's Tacoma Gallery
link to pictures I studied prior to install...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...uetooth-5.html
Old 07-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #13
azchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
azchris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
Mine uses my phone contacts...completley synced... Do you have android?

PS... Not sure if everyone knows this, but blue logic is seperate from the factory stereo. It works great with my Alpine as well.
Ah, I didn't realize that Blu Logic and the bluetooth on the JBL stereo were different things. I have the JBL headunit with steering wheel bluetooth controls. Disregard my review, then
Old 07-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #14
For the Retards, Im a Female
ToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
ToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ToyTaco
I have blu logic in my 2010 the dealership installed, have had problems with it from day one... first I could call out and every thing was clear on my end, one the other end it would fade in and out on them. Replaced it and now I have a problem with feedback and really bad road noise to where people can hear me at all and I can hear them clear as day... They told me its my phone or even the provider.. I have a android phone so its not like its a cheap one hooked up to it
Old 07-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #15
GuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really nice
GuapOh's Tacoma Gallery
Love it. Very easy. Works perfectly in my 2011.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:37 PM   #16
Son of Most High
esizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedesizzle777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

esizzle777's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone is unhappy with theirs I'll take it off your hands!
Old 07-10-2011, 11:22 PM   #17
Nom Nom Nom

I have installed Blu-logic few days earlier. All I can say is that I COULDN'T live with out it. Its amazing, I can concentrate fully on driving and make and receive calls. No one has yet to complain about the quality of the call.

I placed my microphone above the rear view mirror. No loss of quality even at 80mph traveling on the highway!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:35 AM   #18
Shifting Member

TeXian's Tacoma Gallery
Blu Logic is by far my favorite mod!

I still forget to push the button to answer incoming calls, so when I answer the phone I have to change audio device on the phone back to Blu Logic.

The volume control is on the button as well.

I'm one of those that can't talk on the phone AND drive at the same time, so it's a lifesaver literally.

I've had to re-pair a couple of times, but that's no big deal.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:44 AM   #19
Crusty ole' conservative fart
Sullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired Master Sergeant
Sullyman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyTaco View Post
I have blu logic in my 2010 the dealership installed, have had problems with it from day one... first I could call out and every thing was clear on my end, one the other end it would fade in and out on them. Replaced it and now I have a problem with feedback and really bad road noise to where people can hear me at all and I can hear them clear as day... They told me its my phone or even the provider.. I have a android phone so its not like its a cheap one hooked up to it
I've got dealer-installed blu logic in my 2010 as well...I hear calls fine, but folks on other end complain that I am nearly unreadable...Cat-back exhaust probably doesn't help....The dealer installed the mic down on the dash near the ignition switch and that funky storage bin...probably not the best location to pic me up unless I'm talking to my Johnson....
Old 07-12-2011, 07:38 AM   #20
For the Retards, Im a Female
ToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
ToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyman View Post
I've got dealer-installed blu logic in my 2010 as well...I hear calls fine, but folks on other end complain that I am nearly unreadable...Cat-back exhaust probably doesn't help....The dealer installed the mic down on the dash near the ignition switch and that funky storage bin...probably not the best location to pic me up unless I'm talking to my Johnson....
Pretty much the same problem im having, they even replaced the bluetooth harness, which fixed the first problem and now has that new problem.. But yeah mine is located down by the ignition switch to as well