Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

i have a problem with my compass and temperature.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
Gotta Love my Taco!!!!
06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice

06WHITETRD's Tacoma Gallery
Angry i have a problem with my compass and temperature.

I got a 06 tacoma. I recently have notices that my compass and temperature isnt working. I press n press and nothing comes out. SHould I have it to the dealership with my warrantly or what should I do???
Old 11-02-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
If you're still under warranty let them deal with it. No reason to waste your own time/effort, especially if you (like me) don't know what you're getting in to.

I have an '06 myself... I'm nowhere near the mileage limit, but my 'in-service date' was January 31, 2006, so the clock is ticking on my free repairs...
Old 11-02-2008, 02:02 PM   #4
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
I also have an '06 that when I bought used out of warranty the temp gauge didn't work on. Check out this thread I started a few of the members her pointed me in the right direction (with pics) and it is working now. Gotta love TW!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ns-wanted.html
Old 11-02-2008, 02:07 PM   #6
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
It's in my previous post below the smiley! Just in case here it is again... http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ns-wanted.html
Old 11-02-2008, 02:31 PM   #7
WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST
BeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeefTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06WHITETRD View Post
SHould I have it to the dealership with my warrantly or what should I do???
It is covered under Toyota's warranty for 3 years or 36,000 miles.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:34 PM   #9
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
mmm, why don't you have the problem diagnosed at the dealership, to see exactly what is wrong, than you can search for the replacement parts online, i don't think its a lot complicated to change the parts yourself....
Old 11-09-2008, 11:03 PM   #10
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i just find out, that my warranty is done.. so what should i do now??

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...nsole-fix.html

Old 01-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #12
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post

Do this. I did, it works
Old 01-21-2009, 10:23 AM   #13
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Or if you feel like driving to thousand oaks, i'll do it for you.. i think azuza is only like 45 minutes south right..?
Old 01-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Got one of these in my car. Pretty simple, does it have pwr & a grnd? Is it getting signal from temp sensor? Have you done the calibrate the compass procedure? How is it not working? No lights or display at all? Crazy readings or what?
Old 03-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #15
Gotta Love my Taco!!!!
06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice06WHITETRD is just really nice

06WHITETRD's Tacoma Gallery
well, it doesnt show in the display or light from the inside of the truck. before it was working, then sometimes i would have to hit it so it can come out ( meanin to read the temp/ compass ) but not its looks that something is wrong.. ima do what the thread first.. if it doesnt work, i will ya know
Old 11-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #16
goofyfoot is on a distinguished road
Army: 101ST
Name: Mike
goofyfoot's Tacoma Gallery
temperature and compass repairs

What a great web site! Googgled Toyota compass and temperature. found this site and followed the directions for repairs. So simple even a cave man can do it! LOL! Didn't see any separation of solder but hit the resistors anyway and wala! Back to working!

Many thanks!

Mike '05 Tacoma
Old 11-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #17
victheyankee is on a distinguished road
victheyankee's Tacoma Gallery
I fixed mine for 9 dollars. I just bought the soldering iron and it worked. Thanks this site is great
Old 11-12-2009, 04:30 PM   #18
doakes is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Civil Engineer
doakes's Tacoma Gallery
This item costs $922-$1120. The solder job only takes a few minutes. Just follow the web site.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:17 AM   #19
sdv55ce is on a distinguished road
Navy: Navigator
sdv55ce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got a 06 tacoma. I recently have notices that my compass and temperature isnt working. I press n press and nothing comes out. SHould I have it to the dealership with my warrantly or what should I do???
It takes about 20 minutes, a soldering gun and some .032 solder.

1. Take out the screw where the sunglasses are stored.
2. Pop the frot end out, a little tricky - leverage your knuckles against the overhead. The back is hooked on so it swings down from the front.
3. Take off the 2 connections, use your fingernail to push down the clip that holds them in.
4. Lay it out on a surface that won't scratch the finished surface and take out three tox screws on the back.
5. Take of the displat cover - four snap in points - 2 on each side. You can use your finger nails to put back and coax each side out.
6. Take a close look at the 510 transitors for cracking. Just solder them back and put it back in. Take a look at the 181 trans

I followed the directions I got here, but can't find them again.
Attached Thumbnails
i have a problem with my compass and temperature.-14dec09-tempearture-display.jpg   i have a problem with my compass and temperature.-14dec09-temp-display-fix-before.jpg   i have a problem with my compass and temperature.-14dec09-temp-display-fix2-after.jpg  
Old 12-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #20
goofyfoot is on a distinguished road
Army: 101ST
Name: Mike
goofyfoot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Read below on this thread on how to fix this problem. I did it about a month ago. Very easy to do follwoing directions on the thread and it is still working.

mike aka goofyfoot